PDA

View Full Version : Thrown for an emotional loop. Warning m/c mentioned.

Edensmum
11-14-2008, 03:51 PM
I talked to the nurse today. The report on the baby is back. I lost a normal male fetus. Thinking something was wrong with the baby somehow made this easier. Knowing that he was fine, but died without explaination is really upsetting.
Now I don't know what to think. Is there something wrong with me? Is there any testing I should be asking for before trying again?
I intend to do a detox and take care of myself before trying again, but I was eating well, and taking the vitamins Etc.

Does this mean they know conclusively that nothing was wrong with him or does this mean he could have had a major organ issue or something else that the tests don't look for?

We have been calling him Noah.

Again I thank everyone for their support during all of this.

maestramommy
11-14-2008, 03:53 PM
No advice, just :hug: and prayers.

egoldber
11-14-2008, 03:54 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. :hug:

All they know by their testing is that it was not a chromosomal issue. There could have easily been an organ issue or a placental implantation issue or.... any number of things.

If this is your first loss, I wouldn't rush for testing. Miscarriage is surprisingly common, it's just that people seldom mention it. About 20% of pregnancies end in miscarriage, although many of them occur before the mom even realizes that she is pregnant.

bubbaray
11-14-2008, 03:55 PM
Many hugs to you.

bethie_73
11-14-2008, 04:15 PM
It really could be anything. And as a PP said, it is more common than we realize, not that I am trying to negate your loss. I miscarried at 14 weeks at the end of August, and I started thinking "what did I do". But it was not your fault. You need to grieve, but don't blame yourself. Most likely, you will go on to have a happy healthy pregnancy soon. P & PT coming your way.

AuGoldie
11-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Hugs and Prayers going your way. So sorry for your loss. Like PP said, unless you have a history of miscarriages I wouldn't rush out and do any testing. It's very very common to miscarry and it doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with you, just that the pregnancy wasn't meant to be. Take some time to remember little Noah and recoup from your loss and just start trying again.
God Bless,
Jackie

ThreeofUs
11-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Oh, hugs to you! Hearing such things right now is so hard But, really, there's a lot they can't know. To put a positive spin on it, the news is that there were no chromosomal problems.

Grieve as you need to - but don't blame yourself.

slworld
11-14-2008, 04:25 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. :hug:

If this is your first loss, I wouldn't rush for testing. Miscarriage is surprisingly common, it's just that people seldom mention it. About 20% of pregnancies end in miscarriage, although many of them occur before the mom even realizes that she is pregnant.

I agree. I recall my OB actually saying something like ~50% (don't quote me on that). I know thats little consolation but take care of yourself.

carolinamama
11-14-2008, 04:29 PM
No matter what, miscarriages suck. I know after mine last year, I had a bit of a breakdown after I got the pathology report back. It hit me almost harder than the actual event to know that I had lost a boy although he did have a chromosomal abnormality. It sucks either way.

Sending hugs your way. Take time to grieve and take care of yourself.

Tondi G
11-14-2008, 04:33 PM
HUGS! Having been through a few MC's myself I know your feelings well. There is nothing you could have done, and nothing you did wrong. It is just something that happens. Pamper yourself a little and give yourself time. Keep up with the vitamins and being healthy and when the time is right hopefully you'll be back announcing a healthy pregnancy!!!

clc053103
11-14-2008, 04:56 PM
I have been there and understand how you must feel.

I had the opposite- major chromosomal abnormality, my baby girl would never have been born alive. I know this isn't your situation, but in either case, I truly believe that the babies were not meant to be for a reason, God was sparing us pain in the future. There was nothing any of us could do to prevent His will. THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT IN ANY WAY! I reminded myself of that a lot.

I got pregnant immediately upon getting a green light (1 month wait) and had a perfectly normal baby boy.
HUGS.

MontrealMum
11-14-2008, 04:59 PM
So sorry to hear your news, many hugs - take care of yourself.

citymama
11-14-2008, 06:29 PM
I am so sorry. Sending you hugs and positive thoughts. Take good care of yourself...:hug:

trentsmom
11-14-2008, 06:39 PM
:hug5: I'm so sorry.

SnuggleBuggles
11-14-2008, 08:27 PM
I'm really sorry for your loss.

Beth