PDA

View Full Version : DS2 just slept all day - is this normal?

ThreeofUs
11-14-2008, 07:19 PM
DS1 never slept, so pardon my nerves, but DS2 just slept almost all day. He came up (very briefly) to eat about every 3 hours or so, but I'm concerned because he's been up about 1.5 hours total today.

Is this normal?

MontrealMum
11-14-2008, 07:23 PM
When DS was the age of yours he used to do that from time to time. On his normal days I think he was awake for 30 min. between his naps (and some of that was feeding time). Ours was just a super sleepy baby - and still is, I'm thinking yours is too. Does he nap lots, and easily? If he does, I wouldn't be too concerned unless he's exhibiting signs of illness or something. And he'll probably sleep fine tonight too (ours always did). This is something to be happy about :)

Tinkerbell313
11-14-2008, 08:12 PM
We put DD in child care at three months. The child care center used to joke with me that I paid them to watch my child sleep. As long as my child was eating well, meeting her milestones, and sleeping well at night...I was OK with the amount of sleep (even though yes it seemed like alot). I would ask the MD but I would not be too worried.

ThreeofUs
11-14-2008, 08:35 PM
I would adore a super-sleepy baby! :yay:

He *seems* fine. Just tired. All day.

And I sure hope he sleeps tonight, or as much as any 7-week-old sleeps at night....

I've just never personally experienced this before. I mean, I actually got work done today. It's crazy; that wasn't supposed to happen for another couple of years, right?

KpbS
11-14-2008, 10:42 PM
The only times this ever happened w/ us we had some wired little guys at night. Hopefully that is not your experience!! Eating fine? No fever or anything? He's probably just growing like crazy.

DrSally
11-14-2008, 11:00 PM
I would just be thankful for the peace and quiet. Hopefully he doesn't have his nights and days mixed up. There are some days that DD does this too. I figure she must need the extra sleep.

Clarity
11-14-2008, 11:09 PM
DD2 sleeps most of the day on a pretty regular basis. As long as I make sure she's up a bit in the evening she usually sleeps pretty well at night. Oooh, but definitely make sure he rouses to eat every couple of hours or you'll be up all night feeding him to catch up!

nov04
11-14-2008, 11:20 PM
dd1 did that frequently. She would wake up to eat then pass out again. Her longest time was a week when she packed on some serious weight. It was a little scary but our ped. was happy with her.

ThreeofUs
11-15-2008, 03:10 AM
Bah. Well, it's a normal night for DS2! Up at 1:30 to eat, and we'll be up 'til about 4. Oh, well, I guess it was okay to hope for sleep tonight.

AngelaS
11-15-2008, 09:58 AM
IMHO, sleep begets sleep. If mine slept well during the day, they would sleep better at night. Mine slept a lot as babies and have always been good sleepers. :)