11-15-2008, 12:26 AM
DH was ordering something online and he went to get his
wallet. I said don't get up; I know the credit card
number by heart. He looked at me in disbelief and said,
"Now that's just sad."

Really?

bubbaray
11-15-2008, 12:29 AM
I know my Amex #, my DL, my SIN (like SSN). I used to know my Visa, but its been replaced too many times by Visa security (thanks to the TJMaxx data leak a while back).

Corie
11-15-2008, 12:31 AM
I know my Amex #, my DL, my SIN (like SSN). I used to know my Visa, but its been replaced too many times by Visa security (thanks to the TJMaxx data leak a while back).

Yep, I know all these numbers too. Plus, my husband's numbers.

Maybe I'm a math genius in disguise?

bubbaray
11-15-2008, 12:32 AM
LOL. Maybe its just me, but I think knowing my DH's CC#'s would be FAR more useful than knowing mine.... ;)

shilo
11-15-2008, 12:36 AM
i have my cc#, checking acct. number and DH and my SSN's memorized as well. DH does too. i'm waaayyyy to lazy to go fish my card out of my purse every time i need to type it or read it off to someone LOL.

Emmas Mom
11-15-2008, 01:33 AM
Nope, not weird at all. I have most of our numbers memorized, including the VISA/debit I use most.

new_mommy25
11-15-2008, 01:36 AM
I know my CC # and the security code as well. I do way too much online shopping. :lol:

C99
11-15-2008, 02:09 AM
I used to know my Mastercard number by heart, but then they sent me a new one and I haven't memorized it yet.

ThreeofUs
11-15-2008, 03:07 AM
I know all our numbers by heart. DH, not so much, but he calls me his "external memory" - LOL - for everything I remember that he doesn't.

ett
11-15-2008, 08:16 AM
Umm ... I know my cc# by heart too. Guess I also shop way too much online!

egoldber
11-15-2008, 08:18 AM
I know mine too. It's been incredibly handy.

I also know my library card number. That's a little odder I think. ;)

SnuggleBuggles
11-15-2008, 09:41 AM
I know 1 of mine that well too...including the extra security digits. I know my library card number as well (which is crazy long). I have lots of numbers- both useful and useless- swimming around in my brain. I can tell you the phone numbers of my 2 childhood bestfriends right now. :)

Beth

mecawa
11-15-2008, 09:46 AM
I know mine by heart.

AngelaS
11-15-2008, 09:57 AM
I have all the important numbers memorized too. :)

Gena
11-15-2008, 10:31 AM
I also know my library card number. That's a little odder I think. ;)

I know my library card number too! And our AAA number. When I worked at one company, I had my boss's SSN number and credit card number memorized (I was his executive assistant).

mommylamb
11-15-2008, 10:59 AM
Maybe I'm the strange one.. no way would I know numbers like that by heart. I'm just glad i can remember my social and our home/my work phone number. Having a cell phone has made it impossible to remember any other numbers because I'm so reliant on it for phone numbers.

hez
11-15-2008, 11:03 AM
DH has his Amex # memorized. I refuse to do so-- having to get up to get my purse for online shopping makes me think twice :)

I do have other important numbers memorized (both our SSN's, my 14 digit corporate calling card pin #).

vludmilla
11-15-2008, 11:16 AM
No, it's not weird to me. I know my cc number, my checking acct number and many others. I find it helpful to have them memorized. Some people are just good at remembering numbers :)

tylersmama
11-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Nope, not weird! I also have my Amex, my and H's SSN, and a few others memorized. I used to think it was weird that I knew H's SSN, but that's what happens when you go to college together and your grades are posted by the last 4 digits of your SSN. :p

jgenie
11-15-2008, 11:49 AM
CC & library numbers for DH & I - yup. Phone numbers not so much.

True story - I had to go to the ER a few years back and needed to call DH so he could meet me there. My cell phone was dead so I couldn't speed dial - took me forever to finally remember his cell number. Lesson learned = always keep your cell phone charged!!!! ;)

I now know his office number and cell number.

aa2mama
11-15-2008, 12:52 PM
I couldn't tell you my CC #, but I don't find it weird that you have yours memorized. I have my library card # memorized and also both my and DH's SSNs (he doesn't even know his own #!).

srhs
11-15-2008, 01:33 PM
Not weird, just efficient! ;)
When trying to online order with kiddo(s) on lap, it's not practical to fetch a purse.

kijip
11-15-2008, 01:41 PM
I know my credit card number by heart as well. I tend to remember chains of numbers quickly so I do have totally useless numbers in my head. I mean, it's helpful for me to know SSNs, DL #s, the credit card, bank account numbers, my work's Tax ID number but not so helpful for me to know:

-My mortgage account number
-Old phone numbers I never use anymore, like for J's old work and my high school.
-The number on the label of my WSJ.

I am totally wasting brain space on these sorts of numbers.

mariza
11-15-2008, 01:51 PM
I could never do that! I'm lucky to remember mine & DH's socials. I have no idea what the kids SS #'s are. I used to know my debit card number, but since I lost (um...left it) twice in the same ATM I don't bother trying anymore! I used to know my Delta Frequent Flyer # but since DS was born that ended my traveling and memory of that #.

MartiesMom2B
11-15-2008, 01:52 PM
All I know, aside from social sec number, is my library card number. I still shop online a lot though.

MontrealMum
11-15-2008, 02:06 PM
I can tell you the phone numbers of my 2 childhood bestfriends right now. :)

Me too!

I have all sorts of useless numbers floating around in there, including several cc #s. Wish I could clear some of it out so I could remember my own cell #!!!

thomma
11-15-2008, 04:14 PM
I used to know my cc# but recently got a new one and haven't memorized it yet. Hmmm..sounds like I need to do some more shopping.

Between home and work, I know my library card # by heart too...I use it almost every day.

Kim
ds&dd 5/03

gatorsmom
11-15-2008, 04:32 PM
I WISH I had our cc#s memorized but they seem to change too often. Either one of us is losing a card or DH is asking me to use a different card for different expenses, etc.

I do know in addition to our home, fax and cell numbers I know the number of our ped, OBGYN and like Beth, several childhood friends' numbers. I also know the numbers of our school, church, and mine and DH's SS#s. I learn numbers by repetition and association (for example, 33 in HS boyfriend's jersey number). No library card number though. Now THAT seems impressive to me.