PDA

View Full Version : Pampers deal at Walgreens SAT only

ha98ed14
11-15-2008, 12:45 AM
Aggie01 brought these coupons to my attention and I figured out a way to work the deal to get 2 jumbo packs of Pampers plus a tub of wipes for 15 dollars and change. Here's what I did:

Pampers Jumbo are on sale for 9.99 at walgreens. Pampers wipes are 2 for 5 dollars or 2.50 each

Print out the 5 dollars off purchase of 20 dollars or more at walgreens here: http://www.walgreens.com/hotbuys/default.html?ban=flh_5_off_20_gobble
NOTE THAT THIS COUPON IS GOOD ONLY TOMORROW.

There is also a coupon dispenser on the shelf in the store that spits out 1 dollar off coupons. (If there is not one at your walgreens, go to Rite Aid or Ralphs and there will be one there.) Take 2 coupons (or more if you plan to repeat the deal).

Get 2 packs of Pampers and one tub of wipes. The 2 diapers should ring up at 9.99 each. Then the 2 one dollar off coupons will make you $2 shy of $20. That's where the wipes come in. They are 2.50. Then you are at approx 20.48 before tax. Then the 5 dollar off coupon puts you down to 15.48.

You will also get a 1 dollar register reward which I used to repeat this deal at another walgreens. Repeat as desired.

Hope that helps someone. Thank you to Aggie01!

Radosti
11-15-2008, 07:24 AM
Hmmm... and I just saw that my Walgreens circular has a $25 gift card with transferred prescription.... and I have a prescription that needs a refill from CVS. Yeah!!!

aggie01
11-15-2008, 01:03 PM
You are welcome! Glad it helped you!

Radosti
11-15-2008, 07:37 PM
OK, I went to one Walgreens and got 2 pampers diapers and 2 pampers wipes. I had the $5 coupon, two $1.50 diaper coupons and two $1 wipe coupons. Everything went well and I walked out with the purchase for $14.98. Got a $1 coupon.

Went to another Walgreens. Tried to use the exact same combo, plus the WG $1 off next purchase coupon and it wouldn't let me. Then, the guy decided that the $5 off coupon needs to be AFTER all MFG coupons. I added another wipe box with another $1 coupon and a $1 pack of gum. Guess I didn't need the other wipes, but I was flustered and not thinking. Everything went through then. The machine counts the $1 WG coupon as a MFG coupon, so you need to have as many items as you have MFG coupons. Bah!!!

Got one more $1 coupon and used it right then and there on another pack of gum.

I think my final total was $32 for 4 diapers, 5 wipes and 2 gums. Not terrible, but I told the guy he that he was just being difficult and obnoxious about the $5 coupon because it worked earlier.

Tanya
11-15-2008, 10:31 PM
The $5 coupon says on it that your total has to be $20 or more before all coupons and taxes. The Register Rewards are confusing though. You have to have more items than coupons in order to use the RR. And I don't think you can use your RR on the same product that you got it from (ie. Pampers diapers). It's tricky.

I had my plan made and went in and got two packs of Pampers diapers and wanted to get some Libby pumpkin, but they were out. So, I knew I needed to spend $2.02 ($9.99-$1 coupon for each pack) in order to get to $20. It felt like I spent hours in Walgreens to come up with it! I couldn't just buy something that wasn't on sale. I was going through my coupons and trying to come up with something. It was pathetic. I ended up with a razor (originally $6.99 and I got it for .99) and some tape (buy one get one free). Next time, I need a Plan B. That was just too stressful. Ha ha. Sorry, I didn't need wipes since I just use cloth ones at home, so a box of wipes for going out lasts a long time. Plus, I didn't have a coupon for the wipes.

I'll use my $1 RR this next week when I'm back there for their new ad.

sshultz
11-15-2008, 11:34 PM
I just bought 3 packs of diapers instead of the extra wipes. I used $1.00 of of each + the $5.00 = $8.00 in coupons. By doing that each pack ends up being $7.32 and I don't end up with anything I don't need. Plus I have the $1.00 RR for next time!

Mia
11-16-2008, 06:10 AM
:ROTFLMAO:

Thank you for your posting...

katrich
11-16-2008, 10:55 AM
Worked awesome but my DH thought I was crazy going out at 9 to buy diapers. The things I will do to save money.