PDA

View Full Version : going to need a double, i think- but LIGHT

sal799
11-15-2008, 08:01 PM
need some stroller advice. DD #1 will be 22 month when i have #2. she is also a runner- i dont think she would manage on a buggy board. I live in the suburbs, we do a lot of walking. here's the really big catch- i live on the second floor- WALKUP- its one flight up. nowhere to leave strollers downstairs.
so- two questions- do you think its worth investing in a double, or will i hate carrying it? right now we use a mac triumph
second- which is the lightest out there?
my list of possible options: baby jogger citi mini, or combi double. others?

gobadgers
11-16-2008, 08:09 PM
Since you're carrying it up and down stairs - maybe one of the Maclaren twins would work? Good luck in your search!

bubbaray
11-16-2008, 08:19 PM
THe Mac twins are around 30lbs -- about the same weight as a MBUD. They fold more compactly, though.

The Combi is probably your lightest. THe other option would be something like the P&T e3 with the toddler seat or one of the AT strollers with a toddler/jump seat (Valco, BJ, ABC).

strollerqueen
11-17-2008, 12:16 AM
Yes, or the Peg Aria Twin. Do you have to carry it, though? Can you just roll it up the stairs? That's what I always did.

WatchingThemGrow
11-17-2008, 12:23 AM
The Twin Triumph is 21.6 lbs and the BJCM is 26 according to their websites. I'd check them both out and see which one is easier to lift.