PDA

View Full Version : Which initial for gift?

KBecks
11-15-2008, 10:22 PM
Niece, Isabella, nn Bella

I or B on the pendant?

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=16782106

opinions on which style also welcome, thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
11-15-2008, 10:25 PM
I'm surfing Etsy on another window now too. :)

My answer depends on her age. Young, "I" because she may want to go buy Isabella when she gets older. But, if she is 6+ I'd probably pick the "B."

I like style #14.

Beth

KBecks
11-15-2008, 10:48 PM
Thanks, that helps. She's 7 so I will go with B. #14, 6 and 3 are sold out, so I have to pick another color.

MMMommy
11-15-2008, 11:11 PM
For the initial, I think I would go with "I" b/c that is her actual name. Nicknames come and go with the times, but her real, full name will always be a constant.

KBecks
11-15-2008, 11:35 PM
Mmm, I ordered the B, but now I'm going to second-guess that. I'm sure I could email the seller and change it if I do it soon enough.

It's an inexpensive little necklace that's fun. I was originally leaning toward I but then Beth had a good point and my niece goes by Bella a lot, although also Isabella. Maybe I should change it?

Swimfreak78
11-15-2008, 11:37 PM
I think I would go with "I".

lizajane
11-15-2008, 11:41 PM
if you think she would prefer b, i would encourage you not to stress over it!

personally, and i am 33, not 7!! i really can't stand it when people use my first initial on something and put an "L." my first initial is "E." liza is my nickname, and thus, L is not my first initial. i would never initial a document, "LSVC." i always write "ESVC." BUT that said, i am TOTALLY weird. i am fairly certain a lot of folks think i am nuts for caring. ;)

(in case that didn't make sense, my name is elizabeth. i call myself liza.)

KBecks
11-15-2008, 11:47 PM
I really do not know what she would prefer, and of course, I'm afraid I will get it wrong either way. My gut instinct was to go with the I. But, my boys both call her Bella, and B is a prettier letter (IMO) for the pendant.

SASM
11-16-2008, 12:10 AM
Initially, I was going to say "I". Then, I saw the necklace style (fun and young ~ not a formal piece) AND that your DN mainly goes by "Bella" so...I think that it would be okay to go with "B". And...if you think that the "B" looks more fun, definitley go with that! 7 yo's are all about the flare...or at least the ones that I know. :)

GL with the desicion.

KBecks
11-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Thanks, I decided to change it to I, emailed the seller last night in my worries, and then I decided to get a positive attitude about the whole thing, and be confident that either way will be OK.