PDA

View Full Version : Gap and Gymboree

mommy111
11-15-2008, 10:54 PM
Here's a question for all you bargain hunting moms: 2 of my dearest friends have baby showers in January, so I have to buy a LOT of stuff. Is it worth driving to the gap outlet (1 hour away from us) and buying stuff at the F&F sale, or should I wait till Black Friday or till after Christmas.
And for those of you familiar with Gymbo, should I buy Black Friday or wait till after Christmas. Do they have the Black Friday doorbusters online as well? (the extra 30% off that they have in the stores)
TIA to all of you, between Christmas and the showers, I have a lot to buy and little to spend :)

MaddiesMommy
11-16-2008, 12:08 AM
You're probably better off waiting until Black Friday for Gymbo. They do have the extra 30% off online too, and you can combine that with a 20% off coupon code (if you have one). If you want, you could wait till after Xmas, but the selection might be slim pickings. Gap, is a little trickier. I don't think it's worth driving out to the outlet, unless you're planning on buying a lot w/ the F&F. You'd probably do just as well during the after Xmas sales. I'm not sure how picked over the outlets get. I probably didn't help you very much. Good luck w/ all of your shopping!

jjordan
11-16-2008, 12:20 AM
Is it a Gap outlet or a Gap clearance outlet? I think there is only one or maybe two Gap clearance outlets. Regular Gap outlets sell different merchandise than regular Gap stores, and they denote the outlet merchandise with three little rectangles on the label. (You may know this already, sorry if so!) But if you are expecting to get regular Gap clothes at the outlet, you will probably be disappointed (unless it is a clearance outlet).

If you are okay with outlet clothes then I think you will get comparable deals now with f&f vs Black Friday vs after Christmas.

If I were you I'd probably do the f&f sale online (assuming you have a code). Reason being, there are often better sales online and you don't have to worry if you bought enough to make the drive worth it. :) Plus you can shop Old Navy too, and they often have cute baby stuff.

Jill

TahliasMom
11-16-2008, 03:20 AM
i got 7 tops, 6 pairs of pants and 3 pairs for socks plus $50 in gymbucks fr $110 shipped. 20% off sale plus I had another 20% coupon. :) dd is pretty much set for winter. :)