PDA

View Full Version : Any Sword of Truth fans out there???

Emmas Mom
11-16-2008, 12:33 AM
This is probably so cheesy but I'm totally getting in touch with my inner geek right now! I just completely stumbled across this new TV series called Legend of the Seeker that is based on the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind!!! :yay: I cannot even tell you guys how excited I got. I'll bet my fellow sci fi/fantasy friend in Florida heard me screaming! :ROTFLMAO: Ok, well I really didn't scream that loud because the girls are sleeping but I totally was on the inside. I doing the biggest happy dance over here...even though I didn't want to pick up any new shows....this is so DAMN COOL!!! :boogie: It's the only way they could've done a series of books like this...actually making a TV series I mean. I'm so surprised I haven't heard about this before, being the uber geek I am. :ROTFLMAO: Has anyone else seen this? Or heard about it? I'm probably the only one on THIS board who's feeling like a kid in a candy shop over this series but considering I had out patient surgery yesterday, our little one has croup & our older DD has a staph infection....yeah, this is just what I needed today. lol I can't stop grinning right now. :D WOO HOO!!!

ETA: Oh, and JUST in case anyone is interested... www.legendoftheseeker.com (http://www.legendoftheseeker.com) ;)

Emmas Mom
11-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Oh man....I must be a geek! :ROTFLMAO: NO one else likes this series? That's ok....I'm not embarrased. Even my DH calls me his "sci-fi nerd". In a loving way of course. ;) lol

malphy
11-16-2008, 03:33 PM
You are not alone,I love the series too!!!!

2 weeks ago I accidentally saw the preview for it on tv. I think it was CW or WB network. Xena(can't think of her real name right now) did a 1/2 hour commercial for it. I am afraid it won't live up to the images I created in my mind while reading the story but am interested in seeing it, just the same.

The guy cast as Richard seems a little wimpy for me.

Emmas Mom
11-17-2008, 05:39 PM
You are not alone,I love the series too!!!!

2 weeks ago I accidentally saw the preview for it on tv. I think it was CW or WB network. Xena(can't think of her real name right now) did a 1/2 hour commercial for it. I am afraid it won't live up to the images I created in my mind while reading the story but am interested in seeing it, just the same.

The guy cast as Richard seems a little wimpy for me.

Thanks! I knew I couldn't be the ONLY one! I agree about the actor playing Richard. I always pictured him more like Kevin Sorbo from Hercules....but younger. ;) Still, I won't complain. It's been a few years since I've read the series (and I believe it's still not done yet?) so I don't think I'll mind the changes. I'm definitely going to check it out. :D

irene12
11-17-2008, 06:16 PM
I have to check this series out! I'm a total sci fi geek--as my husband often calls me. Love the books.

Irene