PDA

View Full Version : ISO: toddler gloves for my 2 1/2 year old

happymomma
11-16-2008, 11:57 AM
I just realized that with the weather turning so cold that I actually don't have appropriate gloves for my DD. She is 2 1/2 years old but on the small size. I wanted to get her gloves that she can wear and use comfortably. I figure any little bit would help her warm up. She was outside with DH and DS this morning raking leaves and her hands were freezing.

I remember that last year someone had bought these stretchable gloves that were really really tiny. I just can't find it online and can't for the life of me remember the name. I am also open to all suggestions. I have the really really thick gloves but she really can't use it comfortably. These gloves that I am looking for are for everyday use at school and at the playgroud.

Thanks so much in advance.!

Tinkerbell313
11-16-2008, 12:31 PM
We get the really cheap knit gloves at Wal Mart in the kids section. We use those for school. They are $1.00 for two pair. So cheap...that if the kids loose them, its know big deal.

rlu
11-16-2008, 12:34 PM
We use the "magic gloves" from Walgreens. It doesn't get that cold here. If we plan to go to the snow, we'll buy real snow gloves at one of the sporting good stores.

We got magic mittens from Target last year. DS prefers the gloves. Not sure I'm using the terms correctly - by gloves I mean with fingers, mittens without fingers (just one large area for all the fingers together, KWIM?)

MamaKath
11-16-2008, 12:35 PM
We get the really cheap knit gloves at Wal Mart in the kids section. We use those for school. They are $1.00 for two pair. So cheap...that if the kids loose them, its know big deal.
This is what I was going to suggest also. They usually have these and mittens (if she still has a hard time getting her fingers into them).

Nooknookmom
11-16-2008, 02:43 PM
We use the "magic gloves" from Walgreens. It doesn't get that cold here. If we plan to go to the snow, we'll buy real snow gloves at one of the sporting good stores.

We got magic mittens from Target last year. DS prefers the gloves. Not sure I'm using the terms correctly - by gloves I mean with fingers, mittens without fingers (just one large area for all the fingers together, KWIM?)

I'll second the magic gloves! I've used them forever and if lost-no biggie. I esp like the ones w/ the rubberish nibblets on the palm side. Makes it easier to hold onto things.

caleymama
11-16-2008, 02:49 PM

Same here. When it's colder or they are playing in the snow they'll sometimes wear them under a pair of fleece or heavier gloves or mittens.

bubbaray
11-16-2008, 07:55 PM
I just picked up some super-cute girly toddler gloves in the dollar section at Target this morning.

happymomma
11-16-2008, 11:01 PM
Wow! I will definitely check out the dollar section at Target. Thanks for the heads up!

pastrygirl
11-17-2008, 10:07 AM
I'm going to check Target out, too. Toby's hands are way too small for all the other toddler gloves I've tried.

pastrygirl
11-17-2008, 02:13 PM
Update: no luck in the dollar section at Target. They only had toddler mittens, not gloves. They had gloves for older kids and adults.

In the regular clothing section, they had 2-packs of pink toddler gloves, but no boy colors. They were still a bit big for my son (yes, I did consider getting him the pink ones!). I don't know WHY it's so hard to find tiny gloves! My toddler doesn't tolerate mittens.