PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to Barnes & Nobles Holiday Card Selection?

Fairy
11-16-2008, 01:09 PM
I'm really disappointed. Every year after the holidays, I go to BN and get a ton of boxed holiday cards on super duper sale for the following year, then I inevitably "can't pass up" one or two boxes during the season before the clearance sale. Last year I didn't get my act together in time and didn't get it done, so I went to BN last night to pick up a few boxes and then take stock before I got more.

Well, uh ... where's the beef?

The cards are always right up front in every store. Not this year, tho. I wandered before I finally found them over by the customer service station, and it was one table, not well-stocked. I mean, easily we're talkin' at least 50% go 75% fewer cards to choose from. And usually they're 10% off always, but this time they were buy two boxes, get one free. Still a deal, if only there were three boxes I LOVED. Usually I have no problem finding ones I LOVE and have to actually narrow it down. This time, I was stumped to find ANY I loved. So, I settled on the three.

But, what happened? I'm so sad. Maybe it's the economy. But it seems to me that if that were the case, they wouldn't be so stocked with other holiday type items, it would be unilaterally less. But it seems that the cards were really low.

gatorsmom
11-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Oh, I'm sad to hear that too. I love their cards. They are usually so beautiful. And I think they are kind of expensive too so i always stock up after the holidays. Last year I cleaned up- I even dragged my 7 week old twins in blustery weather to get those cards. I bet it's the economy. Some of my favorite stores have moved out of our town. grrr...darned recession.

DrSally
11-17-2008, 06:04 PM
I bet they're not ordering as much this year b/c they don't want to be stuck with excess inventory. With credit so tight, they prob don't have the ability to "sit" on that extra merchandise. I've always liked their cards too, esp. when they're on clearance after Xmas!