PDA

View Full Version : Question About Thomas Add-Ons

annasmom
11-16-2008, 02:15 PM
My ds#2 is somewhat into trains these days, and I want to get him some pieces for Christmas to go with what we already have in the house.

I am still not sure how much of a train enthusiast he is, so I don't want to spend a ton of money. We already have a basic figure eight set, with some expansion track, and some engines.

I bought 2 battery-powered engines, a package each of wacky, straight and curved track, and the Sights & Sounds Railroad Crossing. Does that sound o.k.?? Does anyone have any other recommendations?

KrisM
11-16-2008, 03:26 PM
Lots of batteries for those engines! We bought one early on and it no longer has batteries because they just don't last long enough.

The crossing looks cool and if DS was still into all the accessories, we'd be getting that for sure. Things we have that are well liked are the water tower and conductor station.

Having more straight and curved pieces helps a lot. The wacky track is great for when your layout doesn't quite join up right :).

Intersection pieces are also fun - X pieces, 2 and 3 way splitters, etc.

deannanb
11-16-2008, 03:45 PM
If you have a michaels craft store in your area - go there...
they carry wooden thomas - and you can use your 40% off coupon -
making the sets not so expensive! (coupons in your sunday paper - and you can sign up on line to get coupons in your email!)

hth

annasmom
11-16-2008, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the advice!!

I think I am going to need more intersection track. We tried to put something together this afternoon, but we only had one piece.

And, I bought all of this stuff at AC Moore this afternoon during their 40% off sale. ;)