PDA

View Full Version : Recommend other Baby boards...

irie i
11-16-2008, 08:26 PM
Does anyone frequent any other message boards for moms/expectant moms? Do you recommend any? The only other one I have been to is thebump.com and it is NOT for me...

Thanks!

WatchingThemGrow
11-16-2008, 08:53 PM
stay here. we like you :)

mothering.com is where some go. not me, though.

Melaine
11-16-2008, 08:56 PM
I like diaperswappers ok. I used to frequent Mothering.com but have been turned off lately. This is my favorite spot.

irie i
11-16-2008, 08:56 PM
hahaha you are cute. thanks!!! I have no intention of leaving...just wanna browse other boards for more opinions/experiences and such. I have a lot of time on my hands lately and baby is coming soon so I am trying to get everything ready. :)

What's wrong with mothering.com?

jgenie
11-16-2008, 08:59 PM
I like La Leche League Intl. for parenting chat.

JTsMom
11-16-2008, 09:03 PM
What's wrong with mothering.com? Nothing. :)

It's just not everyone's style. I like it though, and I've learned a lot there. It's a natural/AP style parenting board. Give it a shot and see what ya think. We're mostly a bunch of tree-hugging, flaming liberal types- I think you can handle it. ;) Like every board, some people are more.... hard core than others, but most of the members aren't as extreme as some think.

Tondi G
11-16-2008, 09:04 PM
I was a part of boards for my birth month with each of my boys over on iVillage. I am in still in touch with quite a few of the moms from my 7 year olds board.... we split off into our own board when IV shut us down! Sometimes things can get a little dramatic over there but I guess they can on any board. I enjoyed "talking" to other moms with babies doing the same things as my own... they provided a lot of support etc.

Hope you find what you are looking for.... there are boards all over. Ivillage, baby center, mothering.com, etc

mom2binsd
11-16-2008, 09:20 PM
Julie from the carseat forum got me on to www.car-seat.org...the folks here are great but it's good to have another source of info...and not just on car seats!

misshollygolightly
11-16-2008, 09:41 PM
I like some of the boards on diaperswappers.com. They've got forums geared towards b/f, f/f, green living, thrifty living, military families, homeschoolers, babywearers, etc., so you can sort of pick a niche that fits your lifestyle. In general, I don't feel as "connected" to the mamas on those boards, but I like to drop by every now and then. Also, I have had *really* positive experiences with their FSOT (For Sale or Trade) boards, where you can buy/sell/trade everything from used dipes, WAHM goods, and baby clothes to maternity and housewares stuff. I'm especially pleased with some excellent-used-condition Robeez and Gymboree clothes I bought from some mamas there! :love-retry: The prices are much better than ebay or my local consignment stores, and the FSOT atmosphere is very friendly.

maestramommy
11-16-2008, 09:51 PM
thebabywearer.com is fun too. I went there for carrier help, but they have a parenting forum that, while crunchier than I, is still interesting to read.

Another one that is interesting is the parenting forum on city-data.com. A lot of people posting there (men and women) are older parents, so you get a broad range of perspectives. I find that pretty cool.

brittone2
11-16-2008, 09:57 PM
Mothering.com if your interests lean toward the crunchy LOL. Lots of talk on nutrition, attachment parenting, cosleeping, cloth diapering, breastfeeding/extended breastfeeding, gentle discipline, etc. (not everyone there does all of these, but that's the general leaning of the boards there)

When DS was small I sometimes checked out The Baby Wearer boards and some of the cloth diapering boards. It has been a long time for me since I've been at those. I post here and at mothering.com the most.

I also like the gentle discipline board over at www.gentlechristianmothers.com although the board as a whole is not really in sync with my personal beliefs with respect to religion, etc. Lots of good (and free) info on gentle discipline that I've found tremendously helpful through the years. I don't really post but did quite a bit of reading, especially when DS was a toddler. I read up for new ideas when I'm struggling w/ a certain behavior, etc. with the kids. It helps to give me other ideas to try.

elliput
11-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Not recommendations, per se, but two other forums I know about are Baby Center and Parenting Weekly.

SnuggleBuggles
11-16-2008, 10:45 PM
I used to do Baby Center but I wouldn't advise joining their baby clubs till baby is like 6+m. Before that there is way too much drama, in my experience. Every "debate" goes crazy over there because there are so many posters. After 6m you have gotten past most of the bigger controversies (you just tend to have more vax drama and carseat safety ones in this time). After 12m the boards become very nice. Their specialty boards can be fun. I am a birh junkie so that's where I hung out. Lots of very well spoken moms on the birth debate board- great place to learn!

Beth

tnrnchick74
11-16-2008, 10:51 PM
I frequent the "Pink Room" at Ju-ju-be.com a lot

hellbennt
11-17-2008, 05:55 PM
another vote for www.thebabywearer.com/forum
I love general chat, parenting chat, etc:thumbsup: