PDA

View Full Version : Joovy Caboose and Ultralight double?

wholesometummies
11-17-2008, 12:34 AM
I just saw one of these out today and thought they were cute! maybe not as a primary double stroller but just a fun around the mall/walking one?

My son is 15 mos and we are due in 2 weeks with #4 (the other 2 are 6 year old twins). So I def. need a double! My 15mo old is big for his age so I think that in a few months he could handle just the riding seat of something like the caboose.

Anyone have any thoughts on this stroller?? can they also sit facing inwards or just outwards?

Thanks

mommyapb
11-20-2008, 11:54 PM
I would be interested to hear what others have to say also.
Comments anyone?
Know what the changes will be in the 2009 model?

TIA
Amelia
DD 3/06
DS due 3/09

Canna
11-21-2008, 05:58 PM
We considered this when our DC#2 was born, but I thought that even at age 3 that this was not enough stroller for DD#1. They are definitely cute and a nice concept. But most of the time when she is using a stroller it is because she's either tired or needs a bit of containment - neither one of which this stroller does particularly well. I would think the Sit and Stand concept would be be ideal for people with maybe a 4 year gap between kids. Or maybe less of a gap if your older child is really not a stroller rider but will occasionally use it. I still think about getting one of these from time to time, as a 2nd double, but then I think - do I really want to have a second double?! And then I don't buy it! LOL!

IMO, a baby who is barely one year old is quite young and will likely need to ride in a stroller, sleep in a stroller, etc. for several years, so a dedicated double, probably some kind of side-by-side double, would seem more ideal for your situation.

mommyapb
11-21-2008, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the input.