PDA

View Full Version : Where to sell maternity clothes?

ThreeofUs
11-17-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm getting rid of my career-to-casual maternity wardrobe. Where would you sell?

I am posting on the BBB, but was wondering if anyone had good experiences buying/selling on craigslist - or other ideas.

I need simple, as I don't have the time or energy for anything else.

WatchingThemGrow
11-17-2008, 06:52 PM
I've bought some maternity stuff from a girl I was buying kid clothes from on CL. I've sold some items on ebay, but that may not be the right market if they aren't name brand highly-sought after stuff. One thing I sold was a pair of Citizen maternity jeans my friend bought at a yardsale for $5 :)

I'd do a CL ad with good pictures of outfits matched up. and your prepg size, height, weight. I think buying maternity stuff is difficult as it is, so you may want to offer to let people try them on if that doesn't freak you out or take up too much time.

Oh- one friend sold hers in our playgroup, then took them to a kid's consignment shop.

mom2binsd
11-17-2008, 10:10 PM
I've sold a lot of my stuff at a ladies consignment shop-if your stuff is career wear I'd try them first as opposed to a children's consignment shop. I think most women like to be able to try on the clothes and the ladies shops have dressing rooms.

misshollygolightly
11-18-2008, 07:30 PM
I've had some success at the local consignment shop, but you might also try the FSOT boards on diaperswappers.com. Maternity clothes tend to go fast there, and you can have paypal handle the transaction. You will need to join DS first, though, and you may have to post a minimal number of messages on other boards first or something...not sure.

Melaine
11-18-2008, 08:29 PM
I love Craigslist for kids' clothes.....I think it's easier than ebay and I'd rather meet someone while I'm out and about than bother with mailing and the ins and outs of ebay.