PDA

View Full Version : Favorite wooden walker?

firsttimemama
11-17-2008, 07:13 PM
I've seen HABA mentioned & Radio Flyer - is there a consensus on the best wooden walker? Wanting to get one for DS for his first b'day.

WatchingThemGrow
11-17-2008, 07:50 PM
people probably only have one or the other, so not a lot of side by side comparisons. We're RF fans here. I think Haba was more expensive, and I found it on kidsurplus for $57.

mommabear
11-17-2008, 08:17 PM
We have the
Haba push car
http://www.oompa.com/cgi-bin/item/HA1623
What I don't like about this is it is hard to turn because the wheels don't move side to side. My kids both like it though and it gets played with most days for 2 yrs now. I don't think it is necessary to spend that kind of money to get one your DC will love. It was an impulse buy with my first baby.:)

MmeSunny
11-17-2008, 09:36 PM
I don't know how large or what you want to spend, but IKEA has a small blue wooden walker/toy cart for about $24. Very cute. My 15 month old loved it.

brittone2
11-18-2008, 12:20 AM
We have the Haba and have been very happy with it. DD got it when she was 9-10 months old and still uses it at almost 2. She recently started using it as a doll stroller because it has that little seat, and she and DS push each other around on it (which technically isn't advised but my kids enjoy this and don't get too out of control with it).

JoyNChrist
11-18-2008, 03:35 PM
I love the Radio Flyer one. We bought ours when DS was 9 months and I loved that the wheels had some resistance so he could use it while he was learning to walk without worrying that it would slide out from under him.

I think the Haba one is adorable, but I just couldn't spend that much money.