PDA

View Full Version : Curly haired American Girls

ellies mom
11-17-2008, 11:10 PM
Ellie wants the curly haired Bitty Twin. I'm not complaining because she only recently decided that curly hair was a good thing to have. But I do have concerns about keeping the doll's hair looking nice. I haven't had much luck finding out how to care for curly hair specifically and I can't imagine that it is the same as caring for the straight. So I'm looking for some BTDT advice. I'm hoping that it won't be trashed the first time she tries to do something with it and that making it look cute again after the curls get a bit mussed won't be too difficult. Experiences anyone?

irie i
11-18-2008, 01:06 AM
Maintaining a curly headed doll is much like maintaining a human's curly hair...use a pick, not a brush. You can wet your fingers and "reshape" the curls. If Ellie likes to brush her dolls' hair a lot you might try to convince her to get a straight haired one...or show her how to "pick" the doll's hair. :) You can ask the salespeople to show you both how. If worse comes to worse you can put the doll in the infirmary!

ellies mom
11-18-2008, 02:17 AM
Ellie knows how to do her own hair for the most part so the idea that brushing the doll's hair dry isn't the best idea isn't going to be foreign to her. But if I can "straighten up" the curls using wet fingers, then I feel a lot better about the whole thing.

And if worse comes to worse, I'll give her the other twin because I was going to get that one with straight hair and set it aside for a few years since her sister is only 7 months.

egoldber
11-18-2008, 08:51 AM
AG sells a doll hair pick. :)