PDA

View Full Version : DO NOT buy from China

bkkw2002
11-17-2008, 11:18 PM
Hello Brides:

I read the Bridal Bargains book and decided to try and order my "couture" wedding gown from China - China EKT (after many emails with them), since I have ample time until my wedding and it could save me thousands of $$$. China Ekt told me they could make my dress 90% of the original couture gown, as they were not sure they could replicate the emrboidery pattern exactly. Well - I received my custom dress order last week, with a broken zipper, and NO embroidery work. They used these large beads in a flower-like pattern instead of the embroidery work so there is a lot of blank space in between the beads, and it looks like bugs are crawling up my gown. I was very specific asking for a dark ivory color (as its my 2nd wedding), and the dress looks like a dingy white. They didn't put in any crinoline or even a shelf bra - so there is nothing to hold me up, and they used seed beads instead of crystals - the dress is simply cheap looking. There is no "return policy" for custom gown orders, so I am writing in hopes of saving other brides-to-be the hassle and disappointment. If you are looking for a dress that doesn't have a lot of DETAIL, then you would probably be happy with their work, but if the dress has embroidery work or a lot of crystal work, you will not be happy with the outcome, so save yourself the time and money and DO NOT order from China - it's not worth the hassle!

bride09
01-29-2009, 10:25 PM
I purchased a "dress" from Honey-Bridal on ebay and they told me the same thing about being able to make the dress look 90% the same as the dress I wanted. And the dress did come with what appeared to be a small child's cutting of a "flower" shape with a bead stuck in the middle of it. It could be possible that all these China sellers are just one person/company with different users names.
Take a look at my other posting to read about my horrible experience with ebay and China seller Honey-Bridal.
Really, don't do it, don't buy from them. You're better off buying from an individual on ebay or even off of craigslist. There are a lot of dresses on craigslist and you can try to bargain the price with the seller.
I had even looked on the messages boards here before I bought the "dress" from ebay and I don't recall finding anything bad. I remember seeing the people say that they had a great experience with ebay China sellers, even posting pictures. However, I would bet that the people posting those pictures are probably the China sellers themselves! Beware!