PDA

View Full Version : How to travel with a 9 month old??

susandink
11-17-2008, 11:35 PM
We are planning a trip in Feb with our DS who will then be 9 months old. I am already freaking out about logistics and I don't even have our plane reservations yet!!!

We are planning to fly into ATL, visit with family, rent a mini-van, drive to FL and then drive back to ATL, and fly home..........is it just easier to fly from destination to destination? We'd still need a carseat either way since once we are there we will need to drive around. Is there a place one can rent carseats and baby gear specifically for traveling?

How does everyone handle traveling with ALL the STUFF that goes with a baby?????? I'm such a wimp......I'm thinking of sending all the baby stuff UPS to my destination instead of carting it all to the airport!!!

Can someone btdt talk me out of my anxiety attacks???!!!!:D

kellij
11-17-2008, 11:55 PM
We just took the snugride and strapped it in on the plane and in the car. Just took the base too. I think that there was an extra seat by me on one of the trips and then maybe on the other we gate checked the car seat and I held her.

Then we also took the Zooper. I could just load everything on it and then gate-checked it. It really wasn't a big deal. The worst part was going through security. She was always sleeping and we'd have to take her out of the seat to send it through and that was not fun! My daughter was 6 mo for one trip and 9 mo for the other.

I would hate taking them now! At 2.5 she'd run away from me in an airport!

deannanb
11-18-2008, 12:04 AM
deep breath....
can the family in Atlanta borrow a pnp?

I don't know about driving with a 9 month old - but I can't handle driving 10 minutes with a screaming 5 month old. my guess is that will have a longer drive time than normal from atl. to fla because of a baby.

the flying part isn't a big deal. a few random toys - you won't need as much as you think you need.

if you can do laundry at either location your are okay. take what clothes you need for first part - wash and then you are set for 2nd trip.

I'm sure others will have thoughts -

susandink
11-22-2008, 04:08 PM
I guess my husband is right! Darn I hate that!!! LOL! He insists flying will be easier than driving.....

Do rental car companies offer car seats? That would be so much easier!!

TraciG
11-22-2008, 04:15 PM
I'm a BIH WIMP TOO I wouldn't even go when my SIL asked us !! I have a DD who just turned 5 & a 9 month old too.

GOOD LUCK