PDA

View Full Version : Cookware for Induction cooktop?

Sillygirl
11-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Does anyone have one of these? Is it true that if your pan sticks to a magnet, you can use it? What brands of cookware do you like?

I guess I should have researched this before buying the cooktop, but I am seriously sick of waiting thirty minutes for the spaghetti water to boil!

octmom
11-18-2008, 03:08 PM
Just found this: http://theinductionsite.com/induction-cookware.shtml

Maybe you should put some All Clad and Le Creuset (or Lodge enameled) pieces on your Christmas list! ;)

BeachBum
11-18-2008, 03:36 PM
We just got ours (about a month ago) and I am totally in LOVE! I had a smooth electric before and this is sooooooooo much better. It boils so fast, and is so responsive to turning the heat down. It is a bit of a shock honestly.

I had some Le Crueset already and it works great. I scored a few larger pieces of All Clad at TJMaxx, which are also very nice. (But I'm not crazy about the handles).
But then I went ahead and bought a small set of Emerilware Pro, which is made by All Clad. It is only 3 ply (and all clad is 7 ply) but it works great. I've been happy with it so far. The price was great (like the whole set cost less than 2 pieces of all-clad) and I used a 20% coupon at Bed Bath and Beyond.

Yes, the magnet trick is the key. You can also identify the nicer pieces of cookware by the sides of the pot. The nicer pieces have magnetic sides too, not just on the bottom.

TJ Maxx had a lot of brands that would work when I was there, but I couldn't find any reviews on the brand, so I just got what I knew had a good reputation.

I'm on a desperate hunt for a popcorn maker that will work with induction. If you see one anywhere please, please let me know. :)