PDA

View Full Version : A rock/glue/playdough "fell in" DD nose

emilys_mom
11-19-2008, 12:54 AM
:D

Some days you just have to laugh. Yesterday, I got a strange message from daycare that DD (3.5 yrs) may or may not have a medical emergency. Apparently, she woke up from her nap rubbing her nose and crying and saying it hurt. The teacher couldn't understand her and said, "You have a rock in your nose?" DD (incredibly suggestable) quickly agreed and they called the the director. As soon as DD saw the director, she got scared and denied everything.

I picked her up and looked up her nose with a flashlight and didn't see anything. She didn't seem uncomfortable at all and kept saying it never happened. Then, last night when DH was questioning her, she said that she was playing with glue and it fell in her nose (she of course, had nothing to do with it). We looked and did see something (but it also kind of looked like whiter mucus), and DH was able to use a q-tip to pull it out (it wasn't too far in there). I didn't want to rush her to the ER and pay $100++ to find out nothing happened, because she again immediately began saying nothing happened (no matter how many times we told her no one was upset and we just wanted to know so we could help her).

Anyway, I came in this morning and she said, "Mommy, I love you. I have playdough in my nose." Now this sounded way more feasible than anything I'd heard so far, so I called her doctor and we went in. The doctor removed more white stuff which I later found out (from talking to her teacher) was not playdough, but most likely papier mache. She also sent us straight to the ENT who said we got it all. What a mess! I hope she learned a lesson, but I have to laugh because she (kind of) got over her fear and has told everyone she has seen that playdough fell in her nose!

Sometimes I wonder how we ever survive to adulthood!

s7714
11-19-2008, 02:09 AM
LOL. They always come up with such creative stories of how things get in there.

With my DD it was a goldfish cracker and it wanted to "see inside her nose" but she didn't put it in there of course, it just jumped out of her snack bowl. Luckily a couple squirts of saline and it swam right back out. ;)

JoyNChrist
11-19-2008, 02:54 AM
LOL!

That reminds me of the episode of House where the kid gets a little toy stuck in his nose, and then he sticks a fireman, a firetruck, and a policeman toy up there (in that order)...he was trying to send in people to help him get it out! ;)

Octobermommy
11-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Kids! That is a good one. Glad everything was gotten out without problems.

My mother tells a story of when my grandfather was eating peas and a neighbor said " well I hope he does not put those up his nose". What do you think was the next thing that happened? Yep, peas in the nose.

mommylamb
11-19-2008, 10:11 AM
I stuffed a pussy willow up my nose when I was a kid. Why do they do these things??

caleymama
11-19-2008, 11:50 AM
LOL. They always come up with such creative stories of how things get in there.

With my DD it was a goldfish cracker and it wanted to "see inside her nose" but she didn't put it in there of course, it just jumped out of her snack bowl. Luckily a couple squirts of saline and it swam right back out. ;)

:ROTFLMAO:

Glad the "rock" glue came out okay. I still remember my younger sister sticking a tic tac waaaaay up her nose. Thank goodness it was orange and not one of the minty kinds. Although a minty one probably would have been a good deterrent from ever doing it again!

emilys_mom
11-19-2008, 10:41 PM

LOL-- what a scary world we live in- we have to be very careful of all these goldfish and this playdough that may jump up our nose when we aren't paying attention!

emilys_mom
11-19-2008, 10:42 PM
LOL!

That reminds me of the episode of House where the kid gets a little toy stuck in his nose, and then he sticks a fireman, a firetruck, and a policeman toy up there (in that order)...he was trying to send in people to help him get it out! ;)

That is hilarious!!

EllasMum
11-19-2008, 11:26 PM
I have SO been there with the peas! About a month ago, DD came to me and said, "I put a pea up my nose." I looked, and sure enough, could see a pea shoved quite far up there. I told her I had to go and get the tweezers to try to get the pea out. I return with the tweezers and she says, "I put another pea up there." :rolleyes: I was able to get the outer pea out with the tweezers, but then had to basically push from the outside and down to get the inner pea out! Sigh. The things we have to do as parents! :)

JoyNChrist
11-19-2008, 11:30 PM
I have SO been there with the peas! About a month ago, DD came to me and said, "I put a pea up my nose." I looked, and sure enough, could see a pea shoved quite far up there. I told her I had to go and get the tweezers to try to get the pea out. I return with the tweezers and she says, "I put another pea up there."

OMG, I literally laughed out loud when I read that! I know it probably wasn't funny at the time, but..."I put another pea up there." That's too funny!

:ROTFLMAO:

emilys_mom
11-19-2008, 11:38 PM
I agree- that is so funny.