PDA

View Full Version : Car Seat Trays?

DietCokeLover
11-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Does anyone have any experience with trays for DC's car seat? I'm thinking of getting one, but would love to know others opinions of them. We have Marathons so would need something that would fit those.
Thanks!

hannah
11-19-2008, 01:17 PM
We have the first tray on this link (it's a soft tray that has a 2 inch edge around it to keep items on the tray). DD loved hers. She is 4. We have marathons and the tray fit well. The only thing is it clips around the child in the car seat so it's kind of hard to remove it while driving. We managed to convince DD that it's okay to leave it on - and it was comfy enough to fall asleep with it on. She was able to color, fingerpaint, play with stickers, read books, etc on our car trip.

http://www.momsminivan.com/car_seat_tray.html

anamika
11-19-2008, 02:00 PM
We have the same one. We really like it especially for flights and long road trips. The tray is floppy (some people are really bothered by this) but it works well for my DD.
We have it adjusted somehow so that the buckles for clipping/unclipping is accessible from either side (there are 2 which is so handy). The only problem is getting it around the seat in the first place but once it's in, it's fine.
HTH,

Mamma2004
11-19-2008, 03:29 PM
We have the same one and although we rarely use it (it was for long trips which we haven't taken in 2 years), it was ideal. Yes, it's "floppy" but that is why I chose it - I was nervous about anything too hard. In the case of an accident, I wanted a soft tray that would not have the chance of harming DS.

DrSally
11-19-2008, 05:16 PM
I bought a soft fisher price one and it wouldn't stay horizontal. I found a "hard" one on Right Start, but they stopped selling it for safety reasons. I got it off someone on CL and only used it for a few flights for eating and coloring when DS was really antsy. I would not use it in a car.