PDA

View Full Version : register for a tripp trapp? or different option for younger baby?

lmh2402
11-19-2008, 11:51 AM
so it seems clear that the tripp trapp is highly praised

so i'd love to avoid purchasing/gift-receiving remorse and just go for the "best" highchair option right off the bat

but i don't see many people talking about its utility for younger babies

does this mean i'll still probably want/need some other highchair for the first year or so...and then get the TT?

or do you think the TT "baby set" add-on thing would make it ok for after 6 months... (do babies even use highchairs before 6 months?)

if we should wait on TT, which other option would you suggest?

we don't have tons of space. easily clean-up is a must.

thanks!

ahrimie
11-19-2008, 01:02 PM
you can start using the TT once they can sit up.. i used the bumbo in the beginning, just to get her used to sitting but she was too young to eat solids when she could fit in that chair.

i started solids at 5 months and she could sit in it fine with the baby rail.

imo, there's no need to have a younger baby in a high chair anyway since they don't eat solids.. though, one of my friends put her baby in her high chair at 3 months just so they would be at the dinner table together. she would play while they ate.

clb
11-19-2008, 01:27 PM
I don't have a TT, but it sounds like a good plan to me.

DS sat in a highchair at 3 mo so that he could sit with us at the dinner table. IIRC he had outgrown the papasan seat around 3 mo.

kayte
11-19-2008, 03:54 PM
We started with eating in the bumbo and moved to the Tripp Trapp (at the table-no tray) at about 7 months.

DD is almost three and I haven't regretted it one day. It's so easy to clean, I think it complements our house better than a crazy print plastic chair, and it is easily adjustable when we have other kids over. My 5 yo niece and nephew like to use it too--they are too big for a booster but like to be a little bit taller at the table. My sister has said she wished she had gotten them for her kids when they were little since they would still be using them --she just can't justify the cost now.