PDA

View Full Version : Corelle dolls: Calin/Tidoo?

Melaine
11-19-2008, 03:14 PM
I don't know a whole lot about these two, I just have picked up positive comments from this board. Now they are both on a great sale at Babycenter.com, so I am debating which would be better for the girls (just turned two). Is it correct that Tidoo is washable, but Calin is not? I don't know if we would necessarily use it in the bath a whole lot if we got Tidoo, but I do think washability would be a plus....any comments are helpful. Thanks!!!
Check out the sale:
http://store.babycenter.com/category/toys/dolls+-+accessories.do?&sortby=null&asc=false&page=all

Baby Stella is on sale too! Great price for a great doll!

bubbaray
11-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Yes, that is correct. Tidoo is "water-friendly", Calin is not. Personally, I prefer Calin for that reason -- Tidoo is different fabric/filling and seems noisier, KWIM?

kayte
11-19-2008, 03:31 PM
We have the Calin. She is machine washable --just not intended for constant water play like the Tidoo. From their website

Product Features

* The adorable outfit is easy to take on and off, and is machine washable.
* Calin's soft vinyl face is infused with a delightfully gentle vanilla fragrance.
* This doll won the Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Platinum Award.
* Calin features internally sealed eyes that really open and close.
* This doll is machine washable.

Ours has been threw the wash at least once (I think twice)--it took a few days for the eyes to really dry out (they didn't open and shut as well until dry) but she is no worse for the wear...

Melaine
11-19-2008, 03:33 PM
ahhhhh I do like the mashine washable aspect. Thanks guys! I really need to go through my gift closet and figure out what I have for the girls and what I want to get! These deals are so great I can't control myself!!!

WatchingThemGrow
11-19-2008, 03:49 PM
Tidoo is machine washable also. I liked the clothing choices for Tidoo better. Everyone comments they look like DD's clothes :) I think your girls would be happy with either.

Melaine
11-19-2008, 04:02 PM
arrrgghhh I need more money!!! lol

bubbaray
11-19-2008, 04:19 PM
I liked the clothing choices for Tidoo better.

FYI, Tidoo's clothes fit Calin and Calin's clothes fit Tidoo....

WatchingThemGrow
11-19-2008, 05:15 PM
FYI, Tidoo's clothes fit Calin and Calin's clothes fit Tidoo....

The original outfits are just brighter with Tidoo dolls, less pastels (not sure why I fear pastels??)

In the same vein, the Poupette clothes fit them both also. Well, if DD didn't protest each time because she remembers which clothes which Grandma gave with each doll...

KHF
11-19-2008, 06:41 PM
We have both Calin and Tidoo. DD doesn't seem to have a preference for one over the other (we also have the Babipouce doll that is on the sale). I like the "weight" of the Calin vs. the Tidoo. Tidoo is much lighter weight and as a PP said, she's noisy because of the type of stuffing she has!