PDA

View Full Version : Digital Video Monitor that works for 2 rooms?

dianna
11-19-2008, 03:28 PM
Is there such a thing as a digital video monitor that will work for two rooms? I'm trying to figure out a way to do it, and it seems the only thing that would work is to buy two totally seperate systems, which means carrying around 2 seperate monitors.

Anyone have a digital video that they use on two different rooms?

Dianna

WatchingThemGrow
11-19-2008, 04:04 PM
When we were looking, nothing highly rated and digital was around (maybe 4/08) so we ended up with the handheld Summer Infant one with the larger screen. It has a little bit of static sometimes, but we don't leave it on and just sitting there a lot. We really do like it, though. It doesn't interfere with our wireless network, and it has been fun (or NOT fun) sometimes to watch DD play in her bed. DS is always reliable in his napping. It has a great range so we can go out in the back yard and still see the napping DC when we're getting something done/set up. We have an extra camera and can switch between the 2 rooms.

BillK
11-19-2008, 04:28 PM
When we were looking, nothing highly rated and digital was around (maybe 4/08) so we ended up with the handheld Summer Infant one with the larger screen. It has a little bit of static sometimes, but we don't leave it on and just sitting there a lot. We really do like it, though. It doesn't interfere with our wireless network, and it has been fun (or NOT fun) sometimes to watch DD play in her bed. DS is always reliable in his napping. It has a great range so we can go out in the back yard and still see the napping DC when we're getting something done/set up. We have an extra camera and can switch between the 2 rooms.

:yeahthat:

dianna
11-19-2008, 05:08 PM
I currently have the Summer infant analog one which is now 3 years old. But I need digital as there are so many babies near us that anything analog picks up other houses.

I love having the video, now I am just trying to do it digitally and for 2 rooms.

dianna
11-24-2008, 12:28 PM
Anyone have any digital recommendations?

BillK
11-24-2008, 01:12 PM
I have no experience with it - but the Safety First one seems to get decent reviews at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-High-Def-Digital-Monitor/dp/B0012IYFO6