PDA

View Full Version : Lampe Berger -- anyone have one?

bubbaray
11-19-2008, 04:41 PM
Anyone have a Lampe Berger? Want to share your experiences??? Do they work? Are they worth the investment??

Bean606
11-19-2008, 05:36 PM
I have one and I love it, but I've made some poor scent choices over the years, because I find that the scents don't always smell the same when they are burning as they do in the bottle. So, I always buy the smallest bottle possible, or ask for a sample size, when I am trying a new scent. Enjoy!

bubbaray
11-19-2008, 05:39 PM
So, when you change scents, do you go with neutral for 1 burn and then put the new scent in? That's what the FAQs say, which means I need to get some of that too....

Just trying to figure out if this is worthwhile -- my kids aren't supposed to be around "regular" air fresheners, but this intrigues me. Seems more natural, KWIM? I saw one at a spa I was at in Whistler and it was very pretty (but big).

Do you have pets? Just wondering how it deals with eau de wet dog... LOL.

irie i
11-19-2008, 05:44 PM
*nods* I have had 4 or 5 but retired them a few years ago because I just couldn't find scents I liked or smelled "real/natural." I also didn't like that I had to burn a neutralizing scent for 30 minutes before changing scents in my lampe bergers. :( I retired them for my yankee candle tart/wax potpourri burners and oil burners from the body shop. Lampe Bergers do, however, work. :)

Did you read: http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=301710

BeachBum
11-19-2008, 06:39 PM
I've never used a neutralizer. But, I don't often change scents. I found one I like and pretty much stick with it.

As for them working. Yes. Honestly I was shocked. We have a friend who smokes in her house. She burns the Lamp Berger before people come over and I honestly couldn't smell it at all!

bubbaray
11-19-2008, 06:40 PM
I've never used a neutralizer. But, I don't often change scents. I found one I like and pretty much stick with it.

As for them working. Yes. Honestly I was shocked. We have a friend who smokes in her house. She burns the Lamp Berger before people come over and I honestly couldn't smell it at all!

Thanks! :)

What scents do you like/recommend? THe choices are pretty overwhelming!

JoyNChrist
11-20-2008, 01:55 AM
I got mine as a Christmas gift from a relative last year, and honestly when I got it I thought, "Great, another thing I'll never use." (Obviously I didn't let the gift-giver know that ;) ).

I was so wrong! I love mine, and I use it often...good for "dog left out in the rain" and "somebody burned the eggs" and "toddler diarrhea" odors. ;)

The only downside is that the scents can be pretty strong the first 10 minutes or so after it's lit...my FIL is really sensitive to smells, so my MIL had to get rid of her Lamp Berge.

My favorite scent is called Brazilian Spice or something like that. They also have a Linen (or is it Cotton?) one that's really fresh and nice.