PDA

View Full Version : Play Food for under 3??

mommabear
11-19-2008, 05:03 PM
Can someone recommend play food for a 1.5-2yr old?

JoyNChrist
11-20-2008, 02:03 AM
I'm going with Melissa & Doug stuff for my son for Christmas (will turn 22 months January 1st). But he never mouths toys or puts things in his mouth, so I'm not too worried about the pain chipping issue. I just didn't want to go with Haba because I didn't want a ton of little pieces to pick up and lose. The M&D stuff is also relatively cheap as far as wooden food goes, so I was happy with the decision.

citymama
11-20-2008, 03:18 AM
Agreed re skipping Haba. I don't think I would get that for a child under 3 - very, very small. We have the M&D play food cutting set and it's great - no chipping or peeling and we've had it over a year, since DD was about 18 months. No small pieces whatsoever. Plan Toys looks very nice as well.

hacergracia
11-23-2008, 12:49 AM
M&D. Especially the cutting ones. My daughters mostly have M&D play food. We have had it for 2+ years and have not had any issues with chipping. One set they really really love is the birthday cake set. This gets playes with on an almost dailly basis.

junebaby07
11-23-2008, 09:51 AM
I ordered some Plan food cutting fruits and vegetables (for 2 and up), learning resources pizza (for 2 and up), Step 2 pots and pans and some from Ikea, a fisher price tea set for 2 an up, and some cupcakes from the chenille chef on etsy.

mommabear
11-23-2008, 11:44 AM
How is the BD Cake set with a little one? I worry about the toppings being too small?
I bought this for my son but am holding out till his bday and by them DD will be 20 mon. So I may just keep out the small pieces. DS is good about understanding when i take toys away to "keep sissy safe"

o_mom
11-23-2008, 11:17 PM
Can someone recommend play food for a 1.5-2yr old?

I would look at some felt food - there are couple of recent threads with links to etsy sellers. Chenille chef is one that comes to mind.

hacergracia
11-29-2008, 12:09 AM
For the BD set, I only gave the girls the candles. I did not give the small round pieces. They do also have the pizza one that has round pieces and now are fine with it. Although it does upset my one daughter if we can't find all the pieces. This is why I have not given them the round pieces for the BD cake. I have enough trouble searching for all the pizza toppings and the BD candles! LOL!

Fairy
11-29-2008, 12:22 AM
I fourth or fifth Plan Toys. Made in Taiwan, tho.

ett
11-29-2008, 12:50 AM
I fourth or fifth Plan Toys. Made in Taiwan, tho.

Plan Toys is made in Thailand.

Fairy
11-29-2008, 02:17 AM
Plan Toys is made in Thailand.

Like I said, Thailand. Exactly what I said except for all the letters after the T. :D

lisams
11-30-2008, 01:28 AM
learning resources pizza (for 2 and up).

This pizza is a huge hit with my 20 month old and 6 year old! It's one of my favorite birthday presents for the 2/3 year olds. DS has started cutting it (the pieces velcro together) and loves serving everyone pizza, after he blows on it to cool it off, lol!