PDA

View Full Version : Whamies pail liner in drier!!

SoloMelody
11-19-2008, 06:08 PM
I ended up with the my whamies pail liner in the drier along with the diapers and dried int on medium or high heat. It was red in color and now i can see some whitish patches on it.

Also the last time I took it out of the trash can the outside of it felt wet....did I just destroy its waterproof capability ?

trales
11-19-2008, 09:26 PM
I have been putting all 4 of my Whamies liners in the dryer for 20 months. Never noticed white patches or a lessening of waterproofing. I dry on hot and wash on hot.

amldaley
11-20-2008, 12:38 PM
Yep...mine is that bright pinkish red color (I ordered Magenta but it looks red to me!) and I wasH Warm and Dry on Medium and have never had this issue.

Any chance you had something else in the was with it that scraped or scratched or poked it?

caheinz
11-25-2008, 12:41 AM
It should be fine to dry it -- even a good thing to do periodically, but not every time.

Does it seem like the plastic is pulling away from the fabric? The dryer should do the opposite -- make it stick more, not less.

Joolsplus2
11-26-2008, 12:51 PM
Sometimes I think they get a bad batch of PUL, I've seen one of their cute patterned liners completely pull apart in the dryer, and it was just the PUL was bad to begin with.
Otherwise, I washed and dried mine on hot with the dipes every other day for almost 2 years and it's still pristine...it was a plain lavender one, fwiw.

SoloMelody
12-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Thanks for all replies! I bought it at Kellyscloset, will call and ask them.....