PDA

View Full Version : M&D vs IKEA Easel

alien_host
11-19-2008, 06:39 PM
I'm debating on which one to get for a gift. I'm sort of disappointed that the IKEA one has the tray only on one side.

For those of you that have the IKEA one how do you deal w/ the one tray (i.e. where does the chalk go when you are using that side?).

The IKEA one is so much more affordable, but my SIL requested the M&D one and I'm hesitant to get the IKEA one b/c of the tray "issue", but it is 1/2 the price (1/4 on Blk Fri).

Any thoughts?

jerigirl
11-19-2008, 07:06 PM
The Imaginarium Deluxe easel from TRU is pretty identical to the M&D easel. That might provide another option for you. I went with that one instead. FYI I believe it was priced more in the store than Toysrus.com. I think it was closer to 49.99 than the 39.99 shown on the website.

citymama
11-19-2008, 07:06 PM
I'm debating on which one to get for a gift. I'm sort of disappointed that the IKEA one has the tray only on one side.

For those of you that have the IKEA one how do you deal w/ the one tray (i.e. where does the chalk go when you are using that side?).

The IKEA one is so much more affordable, but my SIL requested the M&D one and I'm hesitant to get the IKEA one b/c of the tray "issue", but it is 1/2 the price (1/4 on Blk Fri).

Any thoughts?

Wait, IKEA is having a Black Friday sale? At half-price? Wow! I wanted to get DD an easel as well! (But I don't go near the stores on BF!)

alien_host
11-19-2008, 07:08 PM
Wait, IKEA is having a Black Friday sale? At half-price? Wow! I wanted to get DD an easel as well! (But I don't go near the stores on BF!)

that's what another mama said in the BF thread on Bargains, I haven't seen anything myself on this.

I'll look into the TRU one too.

malphy
11-19-2008, 07:12 PM
I ended up with the imaginarium one because it is height adjustable and my dd is on the short side. We love it.

jerigirl
11-19-2008, 07:15 PM
I ended up with the imaginarium one because it is height adjustable and my dd is on the short side. We love it.

I got one for DS for his second bday this past June and he uses it everyday. The reviews on TRU aren't very good but I haven't found most of those complaints to be true in our case. I have been very happy with it.

K-Bear
11-19-2008, 08:18 PM
chalk ends up on the floor or on the other tray getting paint all over it. Plus, the IKEA easel doesn't have clips (I had to buy mine separately).

We received it as a gift and I would never have chosen it for my DD. It does it's job, I guess, but there are better ones out there with regards to storage.

alien_host
11-21-2008, 01:38 AM
chalk ends up on the floor or on the other tray getting paint all over it. Plus, the IKEA easel doesn't have clips (I had to buy mine separately).

We received it as a gift and I would never have chosen it for my DD. It does it's job, I guess, but there are better ones out there with regards to storage.

I'm going to pass on the IKEA one based on other comments I've heard about it...might as well get them what they want!