PDA

View Full Version : Imaginext Pirate Ship

newbiemom
11-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Does anyone have any experience with this brand? Can you tell me about it - regarding quality, durability, play-ability, etc? Do you have another brand you'd recommend? (my son has his heart set on this particular one, but I'm wondering if there are others out there)
Thanks!

ssjarrett
11-19-2008, 09:02 PM
We have the Imaginext Castle and it has been played with regularly over the last year. I have not had any problems with it at all. My son loves it! I think you'd be fine with this!

willow33
11-19-2008, 09:12 PM
I agree! We have the castle and ds#2 is getting the pirate ship for Xmas from the grandparents. Both boys play with it every day and love it!

SnuggleBuggles
11-19-2008, 09:22 PM
The pirate ship was a present last Christmas and it still gets daily play- and daily maulings by the baby. Very durable and fun. If you order from Amazon this is one of the items they are featuring with reduced packaging materials. Of course, TRU often has "bonus" packs with the Imaginext stuff so you'll have to look at your choices.

Beth

nm8976
11-19-2008, 11:21 PM
We have the castle, pirate ship, jungle and ocean boat. My boys (6 and 4) are getting the batcave and fire station for Christmas. As you can see, my kids love these sets. They are continually playing with one of the sets. Since they are not electronic, the boys come up with story lines and play for a long time. Sometimes it is fun to hear what they have come up with while they play!

Durability is great - nothing has broken. (Although the drawbridge on the castle does not work as great as I would like it.)

Hope this helps.

SASM
11-20-2008, 05:20 PM
DS (5.5) received this for his 5th birthday, as well as Capt Hook's Island. It gets daily play by both DS and 3.5yo DD. It is very durable and my kids love it. My only issue is that there are some small parts (cannon balls come to mind), so something to keep in mind if you have little ones (obviously kind of unavoidable for this age group) or if your DS likes to lose things. ;)