PDA

View Full Version : Saw the Tripp Trapp today...

irie i
11-20-2008, 05:52 AM
So I wandered into the Right Start at the mall today and saw the Tripp Trapp. The saleswoman was talking to me about it. In person it doesn't look as creepy as it does to me online...particularly with the supercute little pads you can purchase for it.

BUT!

I thought one of the main things people love about the Tripp Trapp is that it "grows" with your child...but the saleswoman told me that isn't so...there there is one for infants and one for toddlers +.

What gives?

vludmilla
11-20-2008, 07:36 AM
Don't know what she's talking about. My TT holds 200 lbs and can be adjusted quite a bit so it could even hold an adult.

brittone2
11-20-2008, 08:24 AM
So I wandered into the Right Start at the mall today and saw the Tripp Trapp. The saleswoman was talking to me about it. In person it doesn't look as creepy as it does to me online...particularly with the supercute little pads you can purchase for it.

BUT!

I thought one of the main things people love about the Tripp Trapp is that it "grows" with your child...but the saleswoman told me that isn't so...there there is one for infants and one for toddlers +.

What gives?

She was confused. Maybe she's thinking of the Kinderzeat (which was always intended for toddlers because it only has a 3 pt harness, but they've phased the KZ out now and replaced it with the Tripp Trapp, which has the baby rail, etc.).

irie i
11-20-2008, 08:29 AM
Well, they have two different versions...they were on display and she showed them to me.

WatchingThemGrow
11-20-2008, 08:54 AM
Do you mean one had the Baby Set on it? It is a seatback and a baby rail to hold them? You remove that and use it for toddlers after that.

http://www.stokkeusa.com/tripptrappacc.html

Melaine
11-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Silly lady. She was confused. Baby seat is removable/optional.

elliput
11-20-2008, 11:02 AM
That sales lady is obviously not well briefed. I wonder what other crazy things she has been telling customers.

Melaine
11-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Yeah, hope she hasn't been giving too much, I don't know, CARSEAT advice or other safety tips.

1964pandora
11-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Don't worry there's only ONE Tripp Trapp and it's not the least bit creepy! Goodness, if I had to buy TWO for each child... $$$$

Susan

lmwbasye
11-20-2008, 01:50 PM
Yep...she has no idea what she's talking about. The two versions were the same chair set up differently...one way for infant and one way for toddler...I assure you, it's the same chair, though. :)

jerigirl
11-20-2008, 02:49 PM
Does she work on comission? :hysterical:

irie i
11-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Does she work on comission? :hysterical:

I don't know...doubtful. Its a very slow mall.

Yes I do believe y'all are right...'cuz the "infant" one she should me looked just like the picture that was posted...with that little seat attachment thingie. What a dumbski she was! They also had one set up as a desk chair...she said that was the toddler one. Hehehe...and I even said to her "Hmm thats weird I thought one of the key things about the Tripp Trapp chair was that it takes the baby from infancy to childhood." She said NO there is a separate one for infants that have just started sitting up. Booo for her!