PDA

View Full Version : Which car seat carrier is better?

vahnessuh
11-20-2008, 05:52 AM
Okay... so we're going to spend Christmas in Hawaii where my husband is from... and we're going to need a car seat carrier for our baby's Britax Roundabout. I've been looking online and found 2 backpack car seat carrier (we're going to need our hands for the luggage, stroller and stuff) that should work. One is called the Ultimate Black Car Seat Travel Bag by J L Childress and the other is Cheeky Monkey Pac Back by Cheeky Monkey Designs. I think that the Cheeky Monkey one might be better in terms of ease and comfort... but am very concerned about the quality. People's reviews say that it's made of cheapy material.

Anyway, does anyone have any experience about the products mentioned above? Can anyone help me decide?

WatchingThemGrow
11-20-2008, 09:51 AM
We have 2 Ultimates by JL childress. They were upgrades from the company from the wheelie bags breaking. LOVE the backpacks. They're really padded and nicely made.

nfowife
11-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Are you bringing a stroller? I was able to fit my marathon into my maclaren volo (not appropriate for an infant, but the quest might be the same frame, you'd have to test it). I just put the carseat in the stroller seat and use a bungee cord around the back and hook it in the sides of the seat. It is very secure this way, I have no fear it would come out because it sits right in the stroller well. Then I put the baby in the carseat (that is in the stroller). It makes it easy to get up to the gate and then I just gate check both. I actually put my carseat in a big lawn trash bag at the gate if I wasn't changing planes to keep it clean, but since it was gate checked it went right up front on top and I didn't feel it was in any danger of getting crushed or anything. It worked out great and I didn't need to have an extra thing on the trip...plus I was able to bring the carseat on the plane if there was an extra seat for my child.

mommytoC
11-23-2008, 11:21 PM
We have the Pac Back, and love it! Our travel car seat (a Cosco Scenara) attaches easily, and it's comfortable to carry. I'm really picky, and have had no quality concerns.

tazzy
01-23-2009, 11:00 PM
I used the GoGo Kidz TravelMate and attach my Britax Boulevard car seat directly to that to turn it into a stroller, and it works fabulous.