PDA

View Full Version : Which Little People sets?

vonfirmath
11-20-2008, 02:32 PM
When you go to the Little People site, there are SO many sets

The ones I remember playing with the most, growing up, were the castle and one with ramps, etc. But the castle now is not NEAR as cool as what we had and even the ramps looks... flatter. (Oh. And the airport. And I see nothing like that now)

So which of today's little people sets do folk like?

I see Noah's Ark all over the place -- but at least in our nursery, the animals are played with, but not the Ark itself so much. There are a LOT more sets on the FP site than I ever see in the stores.

bubbaray
11-20-2008, 02:34 PM
We have the farm and the castle, along with the SUV, Bus and Airplane. We also have additional "mini" sets for the farm and castle. IIRC, we have part of the carnival set. My girls really like the farm. Currently, I have our LP stuff on our train table and have removed the train stuff -- they never played with the trains anyway, just made a mess of them.

Melaine
11-20-2008, 02:45 PM
I *think* they have a LP airport at Target, an exclusive I believe. We have soooo many LP, many of which were purchased second hand. We have a large barn, a little barn, the alphabet zoo, the dollhouse, the castle, 2 suvs, tons of different families and partial carnival sets. My girls love the plane and bus and several older yard sale pieces as well. They like the carnival ferris wheel toys particularly, but I'm not sure if they still make those. THey actually love all the people, they call them "babies" and carry them around all the time. I'd say they enjoy the vehicles better than the bigger pieces, but they have just turned two. I hope that they get into more of the actual playsets this year.

Mikey0709
11-20-2008, 02:48 PM
I agree - - most of ours are 2nd hand from yard sales... but the farm, airport, racetrack, castle, pet shop, parking ramp/garage... all get TONS of use. We also put them on the train table and build a village! FYI - i even just ordered the nativity and santa train... there is a 20% off code if you order $75 or more from fisher-price.com...this was too cute to pass up... the special holiday ones look awesome! Oh yeah - we also have the DVD's and regularly watch the Little People on our Cable ON DEMAND... on the PBS link.

SArcher
11-20-2008, 02:57 PM
We've had Little People around the house for 3+ years now for our 5 year old daughter and 2.5 year old son. The large playsets may get played with at first, but then end up sitting around taking up space, while the actual little people and animals get played with all of the time and all over the house, car, etc.

We have the farm, zoo, playground, airplane, house, and airport. The farm was the first and got played with for a while. The house is definitely the most popular. The airplane is also gets lots of use. The airport takes up way too much space and aside from the small airplane and helicopter, hasn't really gotten played with at all.

The little people themselves with the smaller cars, etc. get a lot of use. We have small bags of them in our diaper bags for restaurants, etc. Good for sitting at the table while we're waiting for our food to arrive, or when mom and dad need to talk.

bubbaray
11-20-2008, 03:03 PM
another option to consider are WOW toys:

http://www.wowtoys.com/Web/Pages/WOW-Toys_Home.jsp

We have a number of them (firetruck, cars, large camper, tractor). The girls really like them and play with them as much, if not more than, the LP sets.

Canna
11-20-2008, 03:06 PM
We have also got nearly all of ours second hand.

I'd say our top set is the Farm and we have a lot of extra animals and farm pieces. The parking garage gets love from my DDs as well. They use all different kinds of cars on it (ours is an older version of the garage that is taller and not as wide). The house is also nice. The school bus and fire truck and SUV get played with a lot.

We have a cute little fold up school, no longer made, that my DD who started preschool this year is digging. An older piece, a firehouse with small fire engine and ambulance is also nice.

Least favorite of all would be the Noah's Ark (ironically one of the few that I bought new, 'cause I thought the animals were so cute!). I think that's all we have.

AngelaS
11-20-2008, 03:13 PM
The house, farms, town, bus, circus and castle are what gets played with the most here.

The ark and zoo were pretty much busts.

WatchingThemGrow
11-20-2008, 03:18 PM
I've found the key to LP is rotation. They LITTER our house, so I *try* to only have 3ish sets out at a time. The newer model zoo, the A to Z Learning Zoo is awesome, and we have the funniest video of DD trying to say "alligator" when it was new. Currently, the Farm and Nativity and the Families in Your Neighborhood sets (online exclusive) are out. We keep the boxes and change them out every couple months, which seems to delight DD.

We got several smaller sets from CL/consignment sales that have been hits- the Boating Fun (the boat moves with the skier attached), maybe a Camping set, the Playground, the Preschool. I bought the Shop to Learn Market on clearance at Target. One grandma always gets accessory sets on sale at Kohl's, so we have extra animals and such for the farm. I think the vehicles get a lot of use.

vonfirmath
11-20-2008, 03:21 PM
another option to consider are WOW toys:

http://www.wowtoys.com/Web/Pages/WOW-Toys_Home.jsp

We have a number of them (firetruck, cars, large camper, tractor). The girls really like them and play with them as much, if not more than, the LP sets.

They look nice. Are they available in the US somewhere? That website only ships to UK mainland destinations :(