PDA

View Full Version : Laundry Detergent for HE Washer

aggie2006
11-20-2008, 05:46 PM
I am pregnant with DC #1, and I want to start washing sheets, blankets, a few clothes, etc. What type of detergent/fabric softener should I use in my high efficiency washer?

LarsMal
11-20-2008, 05:49 PM
I skipped the whole Dreft thing b/c it still has fragrance in it and I wanted something completely free of dyes/fragrances.

I have used Tide Free&Clear or Tide Free (whatever it's called) since I got my washer (DS was a year and I was pg with DD). It's all I've ever used on DD's stuff. No problems at all.

GL!

hellbennt
11-21-2008, 06:19 PM
non-dreft mama here, too, w/ HE washer:)
I just buy whatever the best deal is on no purfume no dye-
so far I've used Kirkland, publix brand, seventh generation, tide, etc.
No problems w/ my ds, now 2, but I've been using dye/perfume free with him since he was a nb. congrats!

elliput
11-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Another vote for any detergent that is free of perfumes and dyes. I am currently using Seventh Generation and have been pleased with the results. I skip using fabric softeners completely as they leave a coating on the fabric- a vinegar rinse and/or drier balls do just as well IMO.

LarsMal
11-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Another vote for any detergent that is free of perfumes and dyes. I am currently using Seventh Generation and have been pleased with the results. I skip using fabric softeners completely as they leave a coating on the fabric- a vinegar rinse and/or drier balls do just as well IMO.

I bought these a few months ago and have been very happy with them. Fleece blankets can get a little staticy, but everything else comes out great.

http://www.natlallergy.com/prod/1588/static-eliminator-chemical-free-dryer-sheet-system.html

I'm giving them to my MIL and SIL for Christmas (part of their present). They both have been trying to find chemical free dryer "things" they like.

tylersmama
11-21-2008, 07:56 PM
We use plain old Tide HE, and have all along. I skipped fabric softener until DS was over a year old, though.

KpbS
11-21-2008, 07:59 PM
We use All Free and Clear and I just noticed the other day they have added the HE label to the bottle. We also use a double rinse for really sensitive skin.

hellokitty
11-21-2008, 08:18 PM
www.charliesoap.com is my favorite detergent. I get the powdered detergent. They do not add in any other extra scents, so when your clothes is washed, it just smells clean. It's also good for ppl who are allergic or who have had issues with other detergents before. FYI, their all purpose cleaner is WONDERFUL. I ordered the big gallon jug of it and dilute it into squirt bottles. It works great for everything.