PDA

View Full Version : Sigg/KK/other options?

Mamma2004
11-21-2008, 11:49 AM
I am looking for great water bottle to use during exercise, errands, etc. I know many of you are faithful to the Sigg or to the KK - would you mind telling me the reasons behind your preference? Is there another one I should consider? For me the most important factor - aside from the environment - is the taste of my water.

Thanks so much!

brittone2
11-21-2008, 11:52 AM
I prefer the KK to the Sigg. Several years ago there was some indication that the Siggs leeched aluminum at high temperatures (like leaving a bottle in a hot car) or with fruit juices/acidic beverages. Supposedly their new linings do not leech (as much?).

I prefer the stainless KK...no special lining, etc.

Mamma2004
11-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Thank you for your speedy reply, Beth!

Is there anything more I should know before purchasing the KK? I am thinking of getting the SS 27 oz. bottle (I'm guessing the 40 oz. would not fit in my Highlander's cupholder but I may be wrong). The sport top makes sense, I think. I plan to use it for water but since it is SS, are you saying that it would also be fine with other beverages? Good to know, although I typically drink only water.

I'll likely purchase through REI (ebates plus free ship to store). Is there a better alternative?

Thank you again!

AngelaS
11-21-2008, 12:34 PM
I like our KK bottles.

Mamma2004
11-21-2008, 12:39 PM
I like our KK bottles.

Angela, what size do you like?

brittone2
11-21-2008, 12:43 PM

Is there anything more I should know before purchasing the KK? I am thinking of getting the SS 27 oz. bottle (I'm guessing the 40 oz. would not fit in my Highlander's cupholder but I may be wrong). The sport top makes sense, I think. I plan to use it for water but since it is SS, are you saying that it would also be fine with other beverages? Good to know, although I typically drink only water.

I'll likely purchase through REI (ebates plus free ship to store). Is there a better alternative?

Thank you again!

We have the 27 oz bottles (one for each adult) and then the smaller size for the kids. The sport tops do "chirp" for many people (I had white sports caps that chirped, but then bought black ones that do not...YMMV!). That doesn't bother me but if you worked in a super quiet environment or something it might make you feel weird ;) Not much of an issue driving around with kids in the Highlander though :)

I really only use mine for water but I'd feel okay about putting other beverages in it.

MommyAllison
11-21-2008, 01:37 PM
We love our KKs - no taste to the water at all, and I also was uncomfortable with the lining on Siggs. Only one warning on the KK - a friend left hers filled with water in her car overnight during the winter and it cracked in half - and the pieces are sharp! So don't let it freeze. :)

Melaine
11-21-2008, 01:44 PM
I second (or third or fourth) the KK options. DH, I and both kids LOVE ours. DH and I have the 27 oz, while the girls' each have two 12 oz ones. I really like my loop top because no matter where my bottle is (at the bottom of my bag, in the car, or wherever) it NEVER spills when closed. That's why I chose it over the sports cap. I also like the feel of the metal rather than sucking the water through plastic. But if you are drinking it *while* exercising, then the sports top may make more sense. I would check ReusableBags.com and google coupon code. Recently I bought 5 for gifts and got a great deal.

AngelaS
11-21-2008, 02:09 PM
I bought the 18 oz ones. I figured they might be a little big for my 4yo but she loves it and it holds plenty of water. :)

citymama
11-21-2008, 02:16 PM
KK over Sigg, definitely. I love the look of the SIGG, but it is a pain to clean, and I continue to be concerned about the aluminum issue. Water in the KK tastes great!

jerigirl
11-21-2008, 02:38 PM

Thank you again!
This was posted elsewhere on the board here.
http://www.reusablebags.com/store/klean-kanteen-c-35.html
Reusablebags.com is having a sale thru 11/24 and you can use a 20% code
f70838. It is a one-time per account code.

Mamma2004
11-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Many thanks to everyone!!!

I really wanted the insulator sleeve but opted to wait on that for now. I did order two of the 27 oz. stainless KKs from amazon for a total of $25.78.

If anyone knows of an inexpensive sleeve, I would be interested.

If DH and I love our new KKs, I'm sure to get one for DS after Christmas.

Thanks again to all!

vludmilla
11-21-2008, 04:33 PM

Thank you again!

I would recommend reusablebags.com. They have a great sale on KK's until the 24th and there are 20% off codes if you do a search on retailmenot.com. Shipping is a flat 4.95 now so it is by far the best deal. Much better than REI I think.

vludmilla
11-21-2008, 04:34 PM
reusablebags.com has a sleeve for $7 and shipping is $5. There is a 20% off coupon code on retailmenot.com that would make the price lower.