PDA

View Full Version : Tripp Trapp shipment delayed - should I buy somewhere else?

maylips
11-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Okay, so I bit the bullet and bought the Tripp Trapp at Baby Bungelow. Bought it Monday afternoon, received a shipment notification on Tuesday, delivery scheduled for Nov 20 (yesterday). Never received it, then got this email today:

"I regret to inform you that you order will be delayed. Originally we were to receive the "TRipp TRapp Bundle It" Specials this week. However Stokke Informed us we will not be recieving them unitl Monday November 24th or Tuesday November 25th. Your order is guaranteed to ship either of those days depending on what time the shipment arrives to us. We apologize for the delay."

We really wanted this before all of our company gets here for Thanksgiving. WWYD? I ordered from this site because of the bundle special (the baby seat and free cushion came with it for $249) but we really don't need the baby seat at this point - I just got it b/c it was free and I thought if I bought one for eventual Baby #2 I wouldn't have to buy the baby seat.

Should I cancel the order, buy somewhere else (where the price won't be as good), or suck it up and know it probably won't be here by next Thursday?

wencit
11-21-2008, 04:25 PM
I would wait until it ships out. To me, the lower price would trump having the seat by Thanksgiving. Can't you just use whatever chair you're using right now for DD? I'm not sure I understand why it's so important the new chair arrives by Thanksgiving?

maylips
11-21-2008, 05:03 PM
I guess it *really* doesn't, although having an extra chair for our company (DD is currently using the FP travel chair, so it takes up another kitchen chair) would be helpful.

I guess I'm disappointed too because I expected it last night after getting the shipping notification and now it may not come for another week.

wencit
11-21-2008, 11:10 PM
Ah, I see. Yeah, it's a bummer, but if the price is right, I think it would be worth it to wait. Maybe your DH wouldn't mind sitting on the sofa? ;) Sorry I don't have any more solutions.