PDA

View Full Version : Boden experts: will a better deal come along?

Leeannpk
11-21-2008, 02:49 PM
I'm kicking myself for not ordering during the 25% off and 20% codes, and now I really want to buy DD a sweater for Christmas and the best code I can find is 15% off free ship/returns. I am wondering, though, if you experts think another 20 or 25% off code might pop up next week. Thoughts? Guesses?

Oh, and yes, I know the $20 off $80 code, but the sweater is less than that, and I am trying not to spend unecessarily...

Leeann

Rainbows&Roses
11-21-2008, 03:33 PM
I doubt it. The season finale sale will be coming up in less than a month. It has not happened in years past, but with the economy as it is, I guess it is possible though based on the number of sell-outs and backorders on the Boden site, I think they are doing okay.

mjmamma
11-21-2008, 04:16 PM
I agree...there is always a slim chance but if it is something you specifically want, they have the size in stock and you have 15% off, you're already in luck, lol. I find that even when I order soon upon receiving my catalog, I always have something backordered. But...with the economy, you never know..good luck.

citymama
11-21-2008, 04:31 PM
If it is low stock, I would recommend buying with the 15% off as things go out of stock pretty quickly. If not, then you may be in luck next week with the TG sales - are you on their email list?

BTW, another way to make Boden buying a little easier is the "refer-a-friend" function - you get $5 credit for every friend you refer. I have so many fellow mommy friends who have been happy to get on the list, that I've saved $15 off each of my last 2 orders (plus FS/returns and between 15-20% off). It almost makes Boden affordable!

Leeannpk
11-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Thanks, y'all - I pulled the trigger and bought the sweater. My DD fits into a 5/6 perfectly. Maybe too perfectly - she would probably outgrow it by the spring. So I bought the 7/8 and figured that she'll wear it through next fall, and then her little sis can wear it, making it a VERY practical purchase. At least that's what I'm telling myself ;).

You guys are great!

Leeann

mak54321
11-23-2008, 06:48 PM
Whenever I buy from Boden or mini-Boden I use Ebates.

The trick is to shop your link first then open up the Ebates link to the store. Your items will be there and you will get both your initial discount + whatever they're offering at Boden.

I know you just bought the sweater, but just a thought for the future.