PDA

View Full Version : Table and chairs set?

BeachBum
11-22-2008, 10:13 AM
I'm looking for one for a 4+ year old size. My DS is 3, but is pretty tall. He really has outgrown the set he got for his 1st birthday, but I haven't found another.
I like his table because it is a 24" square so it doesn't take up too much room. I'd like to find something about this size again, but just taller. He primarily uses it for art projects if that matters.

Ideas?

MamaKath
11-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Are you able to look at any in stores? I would go and try to have him sit at a few of them. We found a fantastic wood one at BuyBuyBaby for my kids- not cheap (I think it was KidKraft), but has held up really well. Often Ikea has quite a few styles and heights also. An unfinished furniture store would also have some that you could try as well. Costco/BJs should also be getting in some for Christmas sales.

Keep in mind, if you like the table, you might be able to boost it up a bit by changing the legs out (or adding to them) and then just find more appropriate chairs.

HTH~

WatchingThemGrow
11-22-2008, 12:01 PM
Walmart.com has the Kidkraft Avalon table - we got it in black with matching chairs, and it is GREAT for the bigger preschool crowd. It's too large for my 2.5 yr old, so she does art at the kitchen table/easel instead. It blends into our living room too, so that's a bonus.

ellies mom
11-22-2008, 02:13 PM
Ikea has a 29"x29" top and they have two sizes of fixed legs and some adjustable legs as well. We went that route but with a larger top and it was really affordable.

CiderLogan
11-24-2008, 04:20 PM
Land of Nod has some very spiffy tables that I drool over, if you want to spend the $$$!