PDA

View Full Version : Weight Watchers grocery lists and recipes?

bubbaray
11-22-2008, 06:26 PM
Anyone care to share? I joined WW today. My 10% goal is 15lbs. I'd love to get below that, but not sure how far they'll let me go (I'm 5'9", 155lbs right now, which is heavy for me, but still within the "range"). THe instructor is super nice.

I have some bad eating habits that I've fallen into over years of marathoning and then BFg -- both of which let me eat pretty much whatever and however much I wanted. Not great now that I'm no longer marathoning or BFg, LOL.

Anyway, if anyone has a general WW shopping list that they use and some recipes, that would rock! :)

TIA

StantonHyde
11-23-2008, 09:41 PM
I have done really well with the Core/Flex WW cook book. For dinners, I identify 10-15 recipes I want to make and then I prep them and freeze them. (I split each recipe into half since my kids still eat kids food) That's enough food for 4-6 weeks. I just take it out the night before to defrost in the freezer and then dinner is on automatic. The thing I like about these cookbooks is that you learn to make no-fat marinades/sauces. After following the book for a while, you can start pulling together your own ideas. And it is really tasty and I have actually learned how to cook!!

Breakfast: Quaker Weight Control oatmeal mixed with one c fat free plain yougurt.

Lunch: In summer: bag of salad with 1C black beans and half c pico. You can also add mango salsa and to make a complete protein--brown rice or couscous etc. In winter: broth based soups and a small salad.

Snacks: apples, bananas, pears, Fiber One bars, fat free popcorn, soy chips.

Other stuff: Bear Creek dried soup mixes are good, I eat Orowheat Lite Bread (1 pt for 2 slices), keep asking for fabulous finds!!

Staples to have on hand: soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, rice vinegar, balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, canned diced tomatos, couscous, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, olive oil, garlic, ginger (I buy pureed ginger in a jar), capers, dijon mustard, bags of frozen veggies (I add a bag to anything I saute), lemon juice, lime juice, chicken broth (I get the boxed kind--and use it ALL the time), sundried tomatoes, dried mushrooms, canned artichoke hearts in water, fat free mayo, bagged salad, mini carrots, honey, apricot preserves, orange marmalade, a can of orange juice concentrate

Spices: basil, parsley, cinnamon, curry, turmeric, cumin, paprika, sage, marjorim, coriander, oregano, mint,

bubbaray
11-24-2008, 12:53 AM
Thanks! You've given me a GREAT start! :)

Where did you get the cookbook?

bubbaray
11-24-2008, 12:55 AM
Is it this one:

http://www.amazon.ca/Weight-Watchers-All-Time-Favorites-Best-Ever/dp/0470169990/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1227502431&sr=8-3

Or this one?

http://www.amazon.ca/Weight-Watchers-New-Complete-Cookbook/dp/0470170018/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1227502431&sr=8-2

Or a different one??

TIA!

StantonHyde
11-25-2008, 02:35 PM
The second one is good--I use it as a "how to lighten up any recipe book". The other one I bought a year or so ago and I don't know that they print it anymore. I will have to look up the exact title and ISBN for you. I got it from my leader.