PDA

View Full Version : Which doll for DD?

SASM
11-22-2008, 07:04 PM
DD2 is currently 14 mo and we would like to get her a doll of her own. DD1 is possessive of her dolls, even though she doesn't play with them, so we do not even know if DD2 will be into dolls. It is a toss up between Corolle Tidoo (on sale), Baby Stella (on sale), or a Newborn Cabbage Patch...which one do you reccomend??? Factors that I am looking at ~ ease of cleaning, durability, and huggability. :) None of them are officially machine washable, but do you think it is possible?

TIA!!

bubbaray
11-22-2008, 09:26 PM
Corolle Calin. Softer, less noisy body than Tidoo.

Clarity
11-22-2008, 09:34 PM
I bought my dd1 this Gotz doll http://www.growingtreetoys.com/product/gotz-bald-muffin-doll-in-pink-sleeper when she was about 15 months. She LOVES it and so do I. My bff's daughter has a Corolle and when I had the chance to compare the two dolls, I really did prefer the quality of the Gotz.
(Even better, I picked it up for less than $15.00 at TJ Maxx.)

WatchingThemGrow
11-22-2008, 09:35 PM
We think Tidoo is perfectly fine. DD loves her dearly. It's on sale for a great price!

hacergracia
11-23-2008, 12:43 AM
Corelle Calin. I have washed this in the washing machine on gentle cycle a couple of times and it is fine. I have two daughters. They each have a Calin doll and a newborn cabbage patch doll. They prefer the Calin dolls. They are 4 & 3 and have had them since they were 1. Every night they still each sleep with the Calin doll. The cabbage patch dolls do get played with, just not as often.

SASM
11-23-2008, 02:25 AM
Thank you so much, ladies. I decided on Stella b/c of the cuddle factor (light-sleeping DD and plastic heads might not be a good idea at 4am right now) and washability (seems as though several people popped it in a pillowcase and washed in W/D without an issue...knock on wood). I told my mom about Calin and Tidoo as possibilities, though, as my poor mom has never been able to buy either of her grandaughters a doll...I keep beating her to it. Thank you again!!