PDA

View Full Version : doll question

jent
11-22-2008, 10:40 PM
So, at 18 months DD is getting really into the doll thing. I've heard a lot about the Corolle Calin doll and that was going to be one of her Christmas gifts this year. But, my parents recently unearthed my old cabbage patch kid, and DD is in love! She carries it everywhere, sits her at the table, tries to dress her (without success, she's only 18mo) and put her to bed.

DD already has a Madame Alexander baby doll that she only plays with sometimes, and an all-cloth doll that she nearly ignores.

So, should I skip the Calin, and just maybe find some accessories for the CPK? Or go with the theory that a girl can't have too many dolls? I like the Calin since it seems that you can get it wet, plus it seems more poseable (DD gets really frustrated that she can't get the CPK to sit down).

Oh, and my neice got a Corolle Lila for her bday, DD was absolutely fascinated by it-- I think partly b/c it looks like a real baby, and partly b/c of the interactive sounds. So maybe I should hold out and get Lila for her 2nd bday, and do something else for Christmas? (It's recommended for 3 & up, but she seemed to be handling it fine already.)

mommabear
11-23-2008, 12:22 AM
I think it's sweet that she likes your doll. I would just let her play with it. Get her a stroller for her and a loose outfit she can put on her baby easier. I would hold off on the Lila for a while.

WooChx
11-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Agreed, keep it simple for now. You are going to have many more years of dolls in your future. A stroller is a great gift at this age. I also picked up a package of preemie diapers at Target for DD to use with my old cabbage patch. These were a huge hit.

junebaby07
11-23-2008, 09:52 AM
My 18 month old has a calin that she loves! it is a great size / weight for kids that age.

Melaine
11-23-2008, 10:04 AM
If you decide to get Calin, check out Babycenter. Great price!
I second the doll stroller recommendation. My girls use them everyday!

jent
11-24-2008, 03:24 PM
If you decide to get Calin, check out Babycenter. Great price!
I second the doll stroller recommendation. My girls use them everyday!

Holy cow, that is a great price!! Thanks!

I was talking myself getting the doll anyway because in the last few days, she is REALLY into the doll play. And I've noticed that she treats the dolls differently-- she'll feed the bottle to her Madame Alexander doll, but bring the CPK along like a companion. So I think the Calin would have her own charm for her.

And either Santa or the grandparents will bring a stroller. Definitely needs one-- she gave up on her walker wagon b/c it couldn't negotiate all the turns in our tiny house.

Plus someone else has a post about other kids having 15 or 25 dolls, so I don't feel so bad about bringing the total up to 4.

brittone2
11-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Holy cow, that is a great price!! Thanks!

Plus someone else has a post about other kids having 15 or 25 dolls, so I don't feel so bad about bringing the total up to 4.

LOL at this. DD has a few dolls now, and she gets them all lined up and tucked in under the covers :love-retry: What drives DH nuts is that when she's having trouble getting to sleep, he'll put DD (almost 2 yo) in the sling. She now has to have her "babies" in the sling with her, which drives DH bonkers :wink2: She wants *all* of them in with her. We have to talk her down to 1 or 2, which annoys DH enough as it is ;) (and she's about to get a new doll from us and one from my parents for her bday LOL).