PDA

View Full Version : HURRY!! balance bikes for a STEAL!!

kochh2
11-23-2008, 08:28 PM
http://www.mommysavers.com/deals/graveyard_mall.htm

we LOVE our target version... hope this makes some kiddos very happy!!

westgre
11-23-2008, 08:43 PM
Thank you!!!! I was planning on getting up early in the morning to stalk kinderbike's outlet for a bike for DS for Christmas. :)

mommabear
11-23-2008, 09:08 PM
http://www.mommysavers.com/deals/graveyard_mall.htm

we LOVE our target version... hope this makes some kiddos very happy!!
they're sold out

MommyAllison
11-23-2008, 11:20 PM
Wow that was a SUPER good deal! Sorry I missed it, but thank you for posting!

Babywhite
11-23-2008, 11:58 PM
Just curious -- what was the sale price (and shipping price)?

Thanks

happymomma
11-24-2008, 08:52 AM
I think the sale price was $19.99. i don't know about shipping though.

Melaine
11-24-2008, 09:56 AM
Can someone explain these to me. I don't really get how they are fun?

brittone2
11-24-2008, 10:37 AM
Can someone explain these to me. I don't really get how they are fun?

do you mean balance bikes in general? They teach a child how to balance/glide without training wheels. As the child grows more comfortable with the balance bike, they can actually "run" with their legs while sitting on the seat. As they build up speed, they can lift their feet so they are balancing/gliding (like when you are on a regular pedal bike and you are gliding forward but not pedaling).

DS has a Puky bike. He got it for his 3rd bday. He's pretty cautious, but within 2 months, he was able to glide for 20-30 seconds at a time. It has been amazing to watch. He's now 4.5 and still enjoying it. Since he can pedal a trike and can balance/glide, I think he could ride a regular bike without training wheels. However, he's a little on the shorter side, so with a 16inch bike, he can just barely touch. We're going to wait until he's 5 or a little older so we can go directly to a 16inch. Several parents here on the BBB have had kids transition pretty easily to riding a pedal bike without needing training wheels after using a balance bike.

The website www.gliderrider.com had videos up of kids using balance bikes for a while...I'm not sure if they still do? If not, you could probably find something on youtube. You have to see it to get it, I think. They don't just sit on the seat and walk the bike around with their feet (although that's how they start with a balance bike). They actually build up to running on it, and getting enough speed built up to glide (feet not touching ground).

amycoh
11-24-2008, 10:40 AM
Sale price was 19.99 and shipping price was 9.99 ($30 total)