PDA

View Full Version : Target had $4 games tonight!

JTsMom
11-23-2008, 11:12 PM
I hadn't heard about this deal, but Target had several games for $4 tonight. I bought a ton of them- Disney Memory, Chutes and Ladders, Cootie, 3 different Cranium games and Don't Break the Ice. They also had The Ladybug Game, Don't Spill the Beans, Candyland, several other versions of Memory, and Go Fishing (or something like that).

cleo27
11-23-2008, 11:13 PM
Any idea how long this sale is? That is an amazing price.

MommyAllison
11-23-2008, 11:20 PM
I read somewhere that the sale is until Black Friday.

kellij
11-23-2008, 11:25 PM
It's in their ad this week. That should mean it lasts through next Sat. midnight. It should also mean that you can get a raincheck if they run out. (Assuming it's a normal sale and doesn't have weird exclusions).

mommybug
11-24-2008, 01:02 AM
Actually, this week's ad is only until 11/26.

kellybelly0513
11-24-2008, 01:15 AM
I was at Target today too and all they had left was Memory and Go Fishing but I was able to get some rainchecks.

JTsMom
11-24-2008, 01:29 AM
Yes, sorry, should have mentioned it's only for a couple of days. The 26th sounds right. The shelves were wiped out at mine too, but I asked one of the employees, and he brought out a bunch more. There were also some of the Cootie games on an endcap pretty far from the toy dept, and some Go Fish games up high, above the regular shelves, on a different aisle. If your store doesn't have them, be sure to ask before you give up!

Fairy
11-24-2008, 01:39 AM
what about online?

veronica
11-24-2008, 08:01 AM
I was there yesterday and picked up quite a few. My target had a ton, on the tops of almost every aisle and in the back. The poor associated kept making trips back and forth restocking. Seems the only one I couldn't get was the cranium polar bear came(in the ad). There was another mom who had just asked before me and looked like she was ready to take me down if I found one so I just left. Picked up most of the games. I was thrown as to how many versions of memory they have: disney, princess, spiderman, regular, mickey, backyardigans, etc...I must have stared at them for an eternity trying to pick just one!

Hope you all enjoy picked them up!

ohiomom1121
11-24-2008, 08:58 AM
I hadn't heard about this deal, but Target had several games for $4 tonight. I bought a ton of them- Disney Memory, Chutes and Ladders, Cootie, 3 different Cranium games and Don't Break the Ice. They also had The Ladybug Game, Don't Spill the Beans, Candyland, several other versions of Memory, and Go Fishing (or something like that).

What were the 3 Cranium games that were included? I saw the polar bear one in the ad. I'm hoping to get there today, but am afraid they will be wiped out so I want to know what to ask for rainchecks for!

Octobermommy
11-24-2008, 11:06 AM
what about online?

It says in store only. Bummer!

JTsMom
11-24-2008, 12:37 PM
What were the 3 Cranium games that were included? I saw the polar bear one in the ad. I'm hoping to get there today, but am afraid they will be wiped out so I want to know what to ask for rainchecks for!

There was also a puppy one, and I think the other had ducks? I just asked for "more Cranium $4 games" and they brought out a box full.

JTsMom
11-24-2008, 12:47 PM
IThere was another mom who had just asked before me and looked like she was ready to take me down if I found one so I just left.

Hey, I didn't know you lived near me! :ROTFLMAO: We had a big group at my Target, and b/c all of us were standing around waiting, we were attracting more and more people. I guess they figured we must know about something really great. LOL

When the guy came out with a cart full of boxes, I was the only one around, so I took all 4 of the Cranium games so I could see what there was to choose from, and one other game too- I think it was the Ladybug one. Once I looked through them, I went to put them on the shelf, and a couple of the women who had been waiting there originally were still there, so I gave them the extra Cranium one. Then I had to give back the Ladybug one, and the only people who didn't have them had just shown up while I was away.

I thought fists were going to be thrown! I wanted to drop it on the floor and run for the hills! :hysterical: The lady who I handed it too had gotten there first, but this other woman was :32: that I gave it to her.

nicknack
11-24-2008, 01:54 PM
There were a bunch of people looking for them at mine too!

I snagged the duck one and the dog one but they didn't have any of the polar bear ones, even out back (and that was the one that me and 2 other women were looking for). Grabbed a new Candy Land too since we have managed to lose a LOT of the pieces!

nicknack
11-24-2008, 01:55 PM
Oh, and how do you ask for rainchecks? Go to customer service and tell them the item or something?

KrystalS
11-24-2008, 02:08 PM
Oh, and how do you ask for rainchecks? Go to customer service and tell them the item or something?

At most Targets you can get them at the checkout line.

Melaine
11-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Wow....angry shoppers freak me out! We were at Target last night (they had plenty of games) and it was a madhouse. I was starting to feel very claustrophobic. I think I am getting too old for BF sales!

hellokitty
11-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Can someone list the cranium games for $4? The only ones my store had were the hullabaloo (which we already have) and the dog bingo one. I did not see any other ones there and the labels on the shelves were so screwed up. I'd like to get some rainchecks.

ray7694
11-24-2008, 04:41 PM
Don't forget Walmart price matches. After reading the stock problems at Target I am going to check out Walmart to see what games I can score for $4. Just take the ad with you to the register and tell them before they scan the item.

Tinkerbell313
11-24-2008, 05:52 PM
The Cranium Games were the preschool games usually priced around $9.99.
Here is the link from the Hasbro website of the games on sale for $4.00 at Target:
http://www.hasbro.com/games/cranium/browse.cfm?page=&product_id=21511
http://www.hasbro.com/games/cranium/browse.cfm?page=&product_id=21510
http://www.hasbro.com/games/cranium/browse.cfm?page=&product_id=21508

I bought some for DD and DS grab bag gift for day care.

momtoonegirl
11-24-2008, 06:00 PM
When I went to Target early this AM, they had plenty of the Candyland and Chutes and Ladders games, and some of the Cootie, Don't Spill the Beans, Ants in my pants, and the Ladybug games. They only had about 5-6 of the Assorted Memory games, one of the Lets Go Fishin' games, and 4 of the Cranium games.

I ended up buying a Puppy Pals Bingo Cranium game (they only had 2 of these and 2 of the ducks one) and a Backyardigans Memory game (the last one they had).

These are such a great deal at $4.00 each!

KimMae
11-24-2008, 08:12 PM
The Ladybug Game was $4 online earlier today. I don't know about shipping.

Octobermommy
11-24-2008, 10:28 PM
I just got back and got all the games I wanted. I got the last Cooties games. They had lots of memory, candy land, chutes and ladders. I looked up on the price scanner the cranium games and it said they had some in the stock room. There were several Target employees working in toys so one came back with a box with the 3 to choose from. Don't forget to look at the endcaps b/c that is the only place they had the ladybug game at my store.

DrSally
11-25-2008, 12:30 AM
I found the cooties game, don't spill the beans, candyland, chutes and ladders. I got a raincheck for Cranium and the fishing game. I wasn't too excited about the Ladybug game, so I didn't get that one. I ended up with a cartload of toys I've been eyeing on sale. Playdoh ice cream shop and extruder thingy, diego aquadoodle ($17, reg $30), moon in my room

alien_host
11-25-2008, 09:20 AM
I need to get over there, thanks for the reminder on the rainchecks!

BTW, DD has the Ladybug game and loves it (she's 3.5), we take some liberty with the "rules" but she enjoys it. It's good for counting (tokens) and learning to move spaces.

I really want the games for Toys for Tots/charities and a few for the gift closet so I don't really care which ones I get.

I would like a Cranium one for DD - which Cranium one is the BEST, in your opinions???

lynnea6
11-25-2008, 09:57 AM
Surprisingly my Target had most of the games still in stock this morning. I picked up Break the Ice and a Memory game. There was one each of the Cranium games, but I don't know anything about them so I didn't get those.

Unfortunately they were already out of the wireless mouse that I wanted for $9.99. :cry:

DrSally
11-25-2008, 11:03 AM
Hmmm, it's hard to tell what the game will be like from the box. Maybe I will try to pick up the ladybug game as well for the future. BTW, I have always gotten rainchecks from a SA on the floor. They carry those scanner thingy's and can print one out for you right there.

mommymy
11-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Just wanted to add that DS likes the Ladybug game also (4 y/o) more so than Thomas the Tank memory cards or Chutes and Ladders. We got the Ladybug game at the last Target 4 dollar sale. It's a great game for 4 bucks!

We'll be going to Target today so we'll look for the cranium games. Thanks for posting the deal OP; I didn't get to the Sunday paper this week.

Mrs.MJP
11-25-2008, 03:21 PM
Aren't most of these games only $5 regular price? I seem to remember them being $5 when I was shopping for b-day presents...

KrystalS
11-25-2008, 03:38 PM
I think they are $10 regular price. I could be wrong though.

lynnea6
11-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Aren't most of these games only $5 regular price? I seem to remember them being $5 when I was shopping for b-day presents...

I noticed some of them were regularly $5, but that's pretty low for regular price on the games from what I've seen.

Octobermommy
11-25-2008, 03:55 PM

The cootie games ( don't spill the beans, don't break the ice) are normally $5 but The Ladybug game was normally $11.99 and the cranium games are $9.99. That is what my receipt says. I think the memory games where around 6-7.

ett
11-25-2008, 04:31 PM
I noticed some of them were regularly $5, but that's pretty low for regular price on the games from what I've seen.

The Go Fish game is regularly around $10.

ohiomom1121
11-25-2008, 04:38 PM
I've been to 2 Targets and no luck on any of the Cranium games, but got rainchecks. Hopefully they'll restock after this sale ends!!!

alien_host
11-26-2008, 01:21 PM
today I picked up Candy Land/Chutes and Ladders and 3 cranium (duck/dog) games for Toys for Tots and the gift closet. I wanted the Lady Bug Game and the Polar Bear Cranium but for some reason they were unable to find the right numbers to print me a rain check. DD was getting antsy so we left. I did get a raincheck for the fishing game.

I suppose, how many games do I really need???? ;)

They had plenty of don't spill the beans/ice breaker.

Between the DUCK and DOG Cranium game, which one is better for those wo've played it????????? I'll give one to DD for Christmas.

ohiomom1121
11-26-2008, 01:35 PM
today I picked up Candy Land/Chutes and Ladders and 3 cranium (duck/dog) games for Toys for Tots and the gift closet. I wanted the Lady Bug Game and the Polar Bear Cranium but for some reason they were unable to find the right numbers to print me a rain check. DD was getting antsy so we left. I did get a raincheck for the fishing game.

I suppose, how many games do I really need???? ;)

They had plenty of don't spill the beans/ice breaker.

Between the DUCK and DOG Cranium game, which one is better for those wo've played it????????? I'll give one to DD for Christmas.

My store had trouble with the numbers too...they figured out it's an assortment of preschool games under one number. I'll find it on my reciept and let you know if you're planning on going back. I think the sale ends today.

Melarina
11-26-2008, 10:24 PM
I went to one Target and all they had was Chutes and Ladders and Candyland in stock for the $4 preschool, so I got rain checks for two of the Cranium games.

Then today I went to another Target and found the Ladybug game and the Puppy Cranium game. But behind two of the puppy games there were also one polar bear and one duck game -- so I was able to get all three of the Cranium ones. I guess digging through the shelves a little bit can pay off :)

For anyone whose DC has played these Cranium games -- how old? Obviously my DD is way too young, but I'm thinking of nephews also.