PDA

View Full Version : Advice for swing with long playing music

dagny24
11-24-2008, 02:39 AM
We are expecting baby #2 in March and are looking for the perfect swing. Our son (now 2) LOVED the FP Ocean Wonders swing, but we almost went broke on batteries. What he loved most was the music, but my husband or I had to get up every 5 minutes or so to turn it back on, due to the auto shut off. So now I'm looking for a swing with long playing music that can be plugged into a wall. The only ones I know of that can be plugged in are the FP Rainforest, FP Starlight Papasan, and the Graco Sweet Peace. Does anyone know how long the music plays on these? Any other ideas? Or is there a swing that plugs in and has a remote control for the music?

Tondi G
11-24-2008, 02:46 AM
what about just playing your own music when your little one is in there rather than getting them used to the music the swing plays! I think the plug in swings are fantastic.... why didn't they have them when MY kids were little. Then my pediatrician was talking about his wind up swing and I was thankful for one with batteries! LOL

caheinz
11-24-2008, 03:04 AM
We just picked up the rainforest FP swing.

The manual says that the music (and mobile and sounds) will turn off after about 7min with batteries. Plugged in, I don't think it will turn off automatically. (It doesn't say this, but it doesn't say it will turn off, either.)

mspersnickity
11-24-2008, 09:59 AM
I don't think the Sweetpeace music turns off at all. Definitely not when it's plugged in, but I don't recall it turning off the few times we've run it on batteries either. You can also plug in an mp3 player, which is a nice option when you're tired of hearing the canned music continuously.

jent
11-24-2008, 09:19 PM
We had the FP Rainforest, it definitely keeps playing as long as it's plugged in.