PDA

View Full Version : Morning Sickness Survival Tips

Sugar Magnolia
11-24-2008, 12:09 PM
I am currently pregnant with #4 and am experiencing the worst morning sickness yet. Not only am I sick all day and night, but I have car sickness too! I was wondering what helps other moms. I know everyone is different, but anything is worth a shot!

I am on Zofran but am still vomiting once a day. I have starting losing weight, which I am not happy about. Bland foods are working the best so far. And lots of gatorade.

What has worked for you? Not just food wise either, how the heck did you keep up with all the house stuff? I have bought pre-made dinners from a local super suppers place, but the laundry! Thank goodness dh is helpful!

swrc00
11-24-2008, 01:05 PM
I found that root beer and The Ginger People brand of ginger chews helped a lot. I hope you find relief soon.

mommymy
11-24-2008, 01:37 PM
I tried the Sea bands that they sell OTC at pharmacies. That semi-worked. The hard candies they sell at Motherhood worked but once the candy was gone the nausea came back and it leaves a sticky sensation in your mouth. Eating small meals, staying away from tomato based foods, and crackers. I also found that if I kept myself busy, I was less nauseated. If I tried to relax and watch TV or read a magazine, the nausea would come flooding back.

It sucks being nauseated and having to take care of the other little kiddos at the same time. Congratulations on the pregnancy, hope you are well soon.

elephantmeg
11-24-2008, 02:57 PM
sea bands for car sickness. Pepsi helped with both of my kids. I'm sorry! :(

WatchingThemGrow
11-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Congratulations! Same boat here, but not quite as severe. The Sea Bands seemed to help a little bit. When I would take them off to bathe and forget to put them back on, I was a mess. Zofran (w/stool softener on the side) has helped, so I'm sorry that's not working for you. Ginger stuff helped some, hard lemon candies seemed to help, small almost constant meals helped (probably not the size of my rear, though). I kept meaning to find the umeboshi plums another poster recommended, but the asian store across the street wasn't open the 2x I tried to get there to get them.

marit
11-24-2008, 04:52 PM
No advice for making it better cause nothing worked for me... The only advice I can give you is to buy a rice cooker and a slow cooker so you can fix the food when you feel better (for me it was morning time) and have it ready whenever you need it (for me evening time was when I was a rag, but at least the family could eat).

Hang in there, it will go away :)

annasmom
11-24-2008, 05:21 PM
Unfortunately, I feel your pain. I am sorry you are feeling so miserable

Zofran has been a life-saver for me during this pregnancy. I am still on it at 34 weeks! This is also my #4, and by FAR my worst with morning sickness. I tried EVERYTHING before the zofran, and it is the only thing that works. Perhaps your OB can prescribe something else??

I hope you get some relief soon!

ThreeofUs
11-24-2008, 05:25 PM
Crackers and very weak english breakfast tea were my life-savers.

But I still barely made it to the couch every day. If I moved a lot, I got sooooo awfully sick that I got dizzy, LOL.

Hope you feel better soon.