PDA

View Full Version : Best stocking stuffers ever. Really.

nabigus
11-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Okay, there's no actual coupon, but the prices are crazy low to begin with.

When you don't mind losing an hour (or three--and I speak from personal experience), check out the magic that is Ichiban Kan:
http://www.ichibankanusa.com/

Their website is tough to deal with (two columns of goods, pictures that are huge next to pictures that are tiny, etc), but it's seriously worth it. They have the most awesome and most random stuff--like lingerie bags that are the best I've used for $1 each, all kinds of bento box stuff, fantastic little containers perfect for preschool lunches... and much, much more.

I've gotten one order from them, and the stuff was awesome. I'll definitely be stuffing ds's stocking from here (and dh's--things like a glasses screwdriver).

nicknack
11-24-2008, 02:16 PM
Thank you! We pick one person to do stockings for on DH's side of the family and with money being tight this year, this is so helpful. I totally plan on spending much time perusing tonight once the kids are in bed!

kcampbell
11-24-2008, 05:09 PM
Yes a major time suck but I just ordered a bunch of stuff!

alien_host
11-24-2008, 07:17 PM
cute stuff but shipping seemed pricey, do they ever have shipping deals (besides the $10 for over $150?).

jerigirl
11-24-2008, 08:36 PM
Oh! All of the Bento stuff looks so cute!

sarahsthreads
11-24-2008, 11:46 PM
I just received an order of the Clickety-Click Bento boxes/accessories from them, and they are super, super cute. Fast shipping too.

skohng
11-25-2008, 01:44 AM
Thanks for the link! I've been meaning to buy bento lunch stuff forever. Great prices!

skohng
11-25-2008, 01:59 AM
I just received an order of the Clickety-Click Bento boxes/accessories from them, and they are super, super cute. Fast shipping too.

how's the quality of the clickety-click? i'm eyeing those. are the seals pretty tight? that line is too cute!

canada
11-25-2008, 06:41 AM
Having lived in Japan for several years, I can definitely say looking at the knick knacks for sale, it makes me nostalgic for the place. Ahh - natsukashii, yo...

"Pardon ugly appearances with many enlarged photos on product pages" I love that! The goods for sale are authentic and very Japanese - a lot more than can be said for Tokyo Palace, voted "best" Japanese restaurant in San Jose. Terrible food, tableside chef as gimmick, no resemblance to anything remotely Japanese. Apologies for the digression, but this restaurant being voted Ichiban (No. 1) really riles me. Grrr.

Thank you, OP! Domo arigato!

sarahsthreads
11-25-2008, 11:21 AM
how's the quality of the clickety-click? i'm eyeing those. are the seals pretty tight? that line is too cute!

Oh, they're definitely not air- or water-tight seals. The set needs to be held together with an elastic band (sold separately, of course), which DD can take off but not put back on yet. Hopefully by the time Kindergarten rolls around she'll have better success with it! (But then again, if I packed things in tupperware containers or ziploc baggies she'd have trouble getting those open and shut too, so it really makes no difference.)

I got the two tier pink rabbit bento, and I really like that it can be used with one or both tiers, that the silverware (also a separate purchase) stores right under the lid, and that it's a manageable size for child-size amounts of food. (Unlike the laptop lunch box, which we also have, which has been known to feed three children with leftovers at a picnic!) I don't believe any of it is dishwasher safe, if that matters to you.

Sarah :)

mamaoftwins
11-25-2008, 11:40 AM
I LOVE Ichiban Kan!!! :)

nabigus
11-25-2008, 02:46 PM
I just checked out their blog, and they have a line about "get ready for our black friday special." I'll be holding off on placing my order until then.

melonkelli
11-26-2008, 06:37 PM
I love Ichiban Kan and Daiso. Lucky (?) for me I live nearby and can call the store to make sure they have what I want in stock. Lately I've been buying the cute drawstring bags for knitting projects and snack bags for the kids. Also the boiled egg molds. So cute!