PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance on your (Crane) humidifier? WDYD?

srhs
11-25-2008, 12:52 AM
Just picked up a Crane humidifier for the nursery. I was surprised the filters are optional. Do you purchase those? Do you use distilled water or just tap? And how often (and with what) do you clean the components? TIA! :signthankspin:

eta--Where do you buy your filters if you use them? They're $10 on Amazon.

MamaKath
11-25-2008, 12:54 AM
I do get the filters. I use regular tap water and about once a week wipe everything down with vinegar and hot water.

WatchingThemGrow
11-25-2008, 08:00 AM
We use a drop of the bacteriostat fluid. Once a season or so we use some Cleanseclean fluid. Both of these are sold with the humidifiers at BBB and Lowe's, etc. DD's is going on its 3rd winter.

hillview
11-25-2008, 09:24 AM
We are on our second winter with them. No filters, tap water.
/hillary

jerigirl
11-25-2008, 10:58 AM
We don't use the filter but I do use filtered water and rinse out the tank with a weak bleach solution about once a week.

twindad
11-25-2008, 12:01 PM
We rinse our humidifier out with vinegar or a little bleach in water about once a week. We do not use any filters. We have a water softener system, so we use that water.

MamaKath
11-25-2008, 09:42 PM
I do get the filters. I use regular tap water and about once a week wipe everything down with vinegar and hot water.

I should also clarify that our tap water is filtered well water. Not at all hard water. If I lived with my mom (or another area with hard public water), it would be distilled. ;)