PDA

View Full Version : Alarm clock/CD players

s7714
11-25-2008, 01:43 AM
We've gone through four alarm clock/CD players in as many years, because the CD player part of the units just stops working. I've tried spendy Sony ones and cheapo brands and they all have ended up having the same problem. My DDs aren't even allowed to play with them, but apparently playing CDs in them several times a week is more than they can handle. :irked:

Does anyone have a alarm clock/CD player that has held up well? Or a boom box of some sort that has a decent sized clock display? Ideally I'd like a unit with a large visible clock and CD player/radio combo that doesn't have an alarm, but they don't seem to make large time displays on boom boxes.

TIA for any recommendations!

s7714
11-26-2008, 08:23 PM
bumping :love-retry:

american_mama
11-29-2008, 01:20 AM
This may not help you, but we've had a radio/cassette/cd player in my girls' room for about two years and it's still working, but there's no clock, which is why you may not be interested. It is played every night, often all night, and the girls themselves often fiddle with it none too gently. The CDs are getting scratched like nobody's business, but the player is still going.

The brand is Emerson, color blue and came from Kmart or Rose's (a really low end discount store). The speakers are positioned such that they look very much like alien eyes, which I find disturbing, but other than that, it's fine.

s7714
11-29-2008, 02:09 AM
This may not help you, but we've had a radio/cassette/cd player in my girls' room for about two years and it's still working, but there's no clock, which is why you may not be interested. It is played every night, often all night, and the girls themselves often fiddle with it none too gently. The CDs are getting scratched like nobody's business, but the player is still going.

The brand is Emerson, color blue and came from Kmart or Rose's (a really low end discount store). The speakers are positioned such that they look very much like alien eyes, which I find disturbing, but other than that, it's fine.

Thanks. I think I am going to try stand alone boom boxes this time around to see if they last longer!