PDA

View Full Version : Petunia Boxy Backpack

mpbaby
11-25-2008, 03:03 AM
Does anyone have any experience with the Petunia Boxy Backpack?

I currently have a JJB Be All and a Kate Spade diaper bag, and they are great, but I'd really like a backpack-style diaper bag. I hate how the diaper bag slides down my arm whenever I lean forward to put my son in the stroller, or pick him up. I also hate carrying these bags when I'm wearing the Ergo. I looked at regular North Face backpacks, but I'd like something a bit more fashionable (and without all the straps like the waist strap, etc.)

I'm thinking of getting the glazed fabric. Plus, I like that I can still use it messenger-style if I'm wearing a dress and don't want to wear a backpack. What are your opinions about these bags? Is the velcro closure really annoying? Also, is it roomy enough? I have a 9 month old, and I feel like I carry a lot more with me now that he's older because of his toys, lunch containers, bibs, snacks, sippys, etc.

Or do you have any other suggestions for backpack style diaper bags? Thanks!

Canna
11-25-2008, 05:43 PM
I have one. I do find it roomy enough. I do like being able to use it backpack or messenger style.

At first I was confused that you want to wear it with your Ergo, then I figured out - ha! - you must mean with your baby on your front. That will work. I usually wear my little one on my back in the Ergo and for quick things I can actually wear the PPBBB messenger style with the Ergo on my back.

The velcro isn't terribly annoying but it does get stuck onto my sweater front or arms pretty regularly, and yesterday I was using it on a friend's rug and it got pet hair stuck in it - uck! I have seen these at my TJ Maxx and Marshalls recently if you're not picky about pattern - you might be able to get a deal.

MamaKath
11-25-2008, 10:35 PM
They don't do it for me. They are not overly well organized inside and they get very floppy as they get used more. Just not my cup of tea. If you can get one at TJ Maxx or Marshalls maybe- I know I saw a PPB Toddler Tote for $20 recently.

Maybe take a look at the JJB Packabe?

jjjo1112
11-27-2008, 01:06 AM
I really like my boxy backpack and I have tried quite a few bags :) It seems to have enough pockets for me and is very comfortable to carry. When I went to 2 kids under 2 I needed my hands free so I wanted a backpack. I tried a few others and the fact that the bag is soft and unstructured makes it very comfy and form fitting to carry. I would be able to wear my newborn in the front, backpack on back and have my 2 hands free for my toddler. I don't have the glazed fabric, but I have had great luck with keeping my bag looking new by wahsing it inside out in the washing machine on the delicate cycle. Comes out looking brand new. Plus I love how I can just clip it right onto any stroller and have it right at my level to access. I actually just got a Petunia Cake Satchel which can be a backpack too and find that I like the boxy backpack way more. Good luck

Jackie, mommy to 2 toddlers and another on the way!!

Snow mom
11-28-2008, 12:44 PM
They are currently on babysteals for $105 with free shipping...