PDA

View Full Version : MMR Vaccine

EQ_Bo_07
11-25-2008, 03:26 PM
After all the controversy about MMR and possible link to vaccine, I decided to do separate MMR vaccines. Now, comes the hard part- how to get them.

Has anyone been successful at obtaining these? How would one go about finding these? My doctor does not usually get these requests, so he does not know.

wendibird22
11-25-2008, 04:15 PM
This response comes from another board that I frequent:

"You can get the separated MMR at www.hopwellrx.com. You will need a script from your doc and pay for them yourself. It is rare to find dr's nowdays that will provide the separated MMR. You do have to give them 3 months apart."

lorinick
11-25-2008, 04:30 PM
I'm only delaying the shot until age two. I'm not doing them at different times. So I can't help you there. I feel I will know if there is a link between the shot and my child. If I wait until age two.

BeachBum
11-25-2008, 05:34 PM
We did them separate...except for the fact that Measles has been back ordered for I don't know how long...months and months...My Ped suggested that I might not even be able to get it at all in 2009.

She suggested that I just do the MMR now, even though we've already done mumps and ruebella. Sounds crazy!

tmonroe
12-28-2008, 09:46 AM
This response comes from another board that I frequent:

"You can get the separated MMR at www.hopwellrx.com. You will need a script from your doc and pay for them yourself. It is rare to find dr's nowdays that will provide the separated MMR. You do have to give them 3 months apart."

Thank you!

tmonroe
12-28-2008, 09:48 AM
After all the controversy about MMR and possible link to vaccine, I decided to do separate MMR vaccines. Now, comes the hard part- how to get them.

Has anyone been successful at obtaining these? How would one go about finding these? My doctor does not usually get these requests, so he does not know.

I have to find it but I have a list of doctors that normally administer the vacccines separately. They're listed by state. If you are interested I can dig it up for you.