PDA

View Full Version : "Breast bud"? Swollen breast - really red. OK?

mls115
11-25-2008, 09:50 PM
Help!? DD has a swollen breast. I know it's caused by hormones from me but she's 3 weeks old and it's gotten pretty bad. Very red, swollen, looks awful! I think it hurts her too. What should I do?

citymama
11-26-2008, 02:29 AM
Call the pediatrician first thing in the morning and take her in to be seen by someone. It's a long weekend and you don't want to let this thing continue if it is painful. Insist that they see you tomorrow!

Poor darling - I hope she feels better soon.

ThreeofUs
11-26-2008, 04:12 AM
Call the pediatrician first thing in the morning and take her in to be seen by someone. It's a long weekend and you don't want to let this thing continue if it is painful. Insist that they see you tomorrow!

Ouch! Your poor little one! ITA, get her seen.

Swimfreak78
11-26-2008, 09:16 PM
How's she doing?

mls115
12-02-2008, 09:44 PM
She's getting better. They put her in the hospital for IV antibiotics. It was an Abcess with cellulitis. Basically because of her very young age, they had to keep her to monitor the antibiotics. She's doing just fine now.
As a side note, don't bother stopping at a "quick care" facility with a 3 week old - they'll send you to the ER. (I couldn't get in to my ped because of poor timing on my part)